Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWho gives a fuck. The entire format is garbage.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12716431&mesg_id=12718996
12718996, Who gives a fuck. The entire format is garbage.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Feb-05-15 01:05 AM
Guess I'll be the one to say it: None of this shit is any good. It's It's all desperate, lowest common denominator pandering and at the end of the day you either like the personality of the guy doing the pandering or you don't. Every joke, every sketch, every 'man on the street' bit, every moment of crowd interaction is essentially that guy grabbing you by the shoulders and screaming "DO YOU LIKE ME? PLEASE TELL ME YOU LIKE ME!!!!".

Seriously, who the fuck still watches this shit? The whole format is dated and corny as fuck. It's terrible. It's a half step above morning drive time radio.

Sorry old timers, Carson is dated as all hell. That shit did not age well. Leno is perhaps the worst of the bunch, like a golden retriever dying for a milk bone.

That isn't to say there aren't genuinely funny moments to be had, but anyone pretending these hosts aren't completely interchangeable is lying to themselves. I'd say the one guy to really distinguish himself is Conan, but the truth is I just like his personality more.