Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecthad a kid commit suicide at the last job
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12716322&mesg_id=12716393
12716393, had a kid commit suicide at the last job
Posted by RobOne4, Mon Feb-02-15 06:09 PM
it was one the hardest thing I ever had to deal with at work. It was a few days before Christmas. I worked Thursday night and he was one of the last guys to leave. He was like 23 years old. Him and another kid were the last two to leave that night with me and my other supervisor. He was in good spirits. Left joking and talking about football. He was always joking around and never looked down. I had a holiday I had to use before Christmas so I took the following day off. That morning me and the wife had x-mas shopping to fix and we had just got to the mall. It was like 9am. I get a call on my work phone from the other night supervisor. I knew something was wrong. I answer and she was crying and said they found Steve dead in his closet hanging. So right away I told her I would be going in that night. Man I broke down in the parking lot. But I had to finish my shopping.

Then that afternoon I went in a bit before my crew got there. They had a counselor there for anyone that wanted to talk. All the guys knew what had happened before they showed up to work. He had been with the company since he was 16. So it was a rough night to say the least. What made it worse was his dad and uncle worked first shift. We all knew them very well. So having to watch his dad come back to work and struggle through his shifts was the hardest part.