Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject3 people my first year at my job.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12716322&mesg_id=12716351
12716351, 3 people my first year at my job.
Posted by PROMO, Mon Feb-02-15 05:26 PM
first was a woman i worked with. brutal car accident where a drunk driver got on the floating bridge early in the morning. unfortunately for my co-worker, it was early enough that whereas normally that bridge is CLOGGED w/ commuter traffic, it was light enough that he somehow made it all the way across w/out hitting another car and then it happened on a curve where there was no way she could have seen around it to expect someone to be coming at her going westbound in her eastbound lane. of course the drunk driver lived despite a 50 mph head on collision w/ no brakes applied.

another was a suicide. depressed dude who i'd never actually met but worked at my job went hiking then never came back. the found him eventually with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

the last was another person i do work with. her husband was an avid hiker and he went hiking one summer day after getting off work early and fell to his death. so yeah, i guess i didn't work with him but having it happen to him hit kind of hard for a lot of folks.