Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectLet's try this again.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12715873&mesg_id=12716769
12716769, Let's try this again.
Posted by initiationofplato, Tue Feb-03-15 09:55 AM
1. I am not used to this place. It seems Anger and Insults are the first thing people reach for. Someone let me know that it's just the "nature" of this place and not to take it to heart. I felt overwhelmed by the level of negativity thrown at me yesterday and I took a time out because I do not believe in using anger, as I see it as a mental disease.

2. I am not a person that enjoys insulting others so when it's directed at me, I generally shy away and refuse to engage. Some of you are just impossible to speak to and the only comment I'd like to make is, that your anger will consume you and noone else. Anger is a killer. Be weary of how often you use it.

3. I have read all your responses and there are clearly logical errors in some of the things I said. Especially applying dualism to the biology of all living things which is clearly wrong.

I get excited about ideas and speaking with people about them. I see everything as a learning process, not a competition. I prefer to talk to people who are not experts as they are not quite as shut in and locked to their theories. Most experts are incredibly close minded. Non experts are generally more open to unconventional ideas and I feel a lot more interesting thoughts are produced as a result.

10 years ago, if you told someone the speed of light varies they would have laughed you off the island. More data is emerging which suggests that it does. This is why I don't like sticking to "facts" derived by science, because more often than not, they are not facts, but a phase in the evolution of the idea itself.

http://www.livescience.com/29111-speed-of-light-not-constant.html

About my post. Let me rephrase it.

- The Human biology is oddly governed by pairs and sets of two. As I already stated, we have 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 hands, etc.
- Also, our organs function in a relationship of On and Off. Which is another duality. 2 lungs Inhale, and then Exhale. All muscles contract, and expand.

There is an ancient philosophical axiom which states: "As above, so below." and it simply means that the universe as observed in the heavens, is identical as the universe that we experience and interact with on a daily basis, more specifically, the human body.

Ancient mystics believed that the human body is representative of the universe and it's patterns.

- I find it compelling and interesting that our thinking is also governed by dualism: Good & Evil, Light & Dark, Friendly & Unfriendly, Right & Wrong.

- ***What I am curious about is why we are governed by dualism in our thinking.***

- Do our ideas reflect the dualism we have in our biology and are they a direct result of it? In other words, does our biology produce our dual thinking?

If the human body inhales, and exhales, and if our muscles, contract, and expand, is that why we arrived at certain cosmological theories which imply the same relationships in the body of the universe? ie. The universe is expanding, and gravity is contracting. = Dualism.

- Or does it mean that the universe itself is governed by dualism?

- I want to try and understand why we see so many examples of dualism, and why our thinking is governed by it.

- Think about other profound examples: Life & Death, Love & Hate, Heaven & Hell. In almost any relevant instant you will find a relationship governed with a pair.

- Think about all computing. It is also based on an On and Off paradigm: Binary code.

- Our traffic is based on "Stop and Go".

- I want to, scratch that, need to understand why as I find it incredibly telling.