Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectPhilosophical Mind F*ck about the universe.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12715873&mesg_id=12715873
12715873, Philosophical Mind F*ck about the universe.
Posted by initiationofplato, Mon Feb-02-15 12:53 PM
Don't read this post if you do not want to be challenged. Leave now.

So, I had a bit of an existential mind riot this weekend. It dawned on me that most things that matter only come in two's. I've never really noticed that before. Let me illustrate what I mean. I can't possibly list them all.

Human abstractions and profundities:

Life & Death
Good & Bad
War & Peace
Rich & Poor
Materialist & Spiritualist
Atheist & Non Atheist

Physical:

Two eyes, two ears, two hands, two legs, two nostrils, two lips, two lungs, two testicles, two kidneys, two lungs.
Male & Female

Scientific:

Binary code (On and Off - Foundation for computing.)
Wave's (Crest and Trough)
Two poles, two halves (Equator)
DNA (Double Helix)
Quantum theory (Atoms vanish and reappear.)

I could go on but I will stop there.

Why does our universe have so many profound instances of two's, or dualism? If you analyse every instance, the two halves, or two parts always compose a single unity or concept that cannot exist with only 1 part. You cannot have war without peace, life without death, existence without non existence.

I know that there are many examples where there are more than 2 parts, however, my point is that the most profound, and life affecting concepts or abstractions, only come in two.

WHY?!!

Is it possible that we live in a parallel universe model? and that our universe is interacting with one other universe?

Is it possible one of these universe is female and another is male? Is possible that life could only occur when our universe collided with the other?

Could the dualism of Life and Death, the Double Helix, Light & Darkness, Existence and Non Existence be reflected and rooted in two universes which are colliding? Is it possible that dark matter and dark energy is the impact of the second universe which is directly on top of ours? is it possible that all unexplained phenomenon is the interplay between these two universes?

Is it possible that the reason our most profound realities come in two is simply because there are two roots for everything?