Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecthad a guy like that at the warehouse
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12715614&mesg_id=12716180
12716180, had a guy like that at the warehouse
Posted by RobOne4, Mon Feb-02-15 03:20 PM
I remember hiring him. He showed up to the interview an hour late. I wasn't even going to interview him. But he called from a pay phone 5 minutes before his appointment and told me where he was. Turns out my boss gave him bad directions. I told him I'll interview him whenever he makes it. When he shows up he was apologizing like crazy telling me he hated being late and he was usually on time. But he just moved to Cali from Nevada a few days before and didnt know the streets. He mentioned he walked. I looked at his address I was like ummmm from there? He said yeah I couldnt get a ride today. Well he lived 15 miles away.

We go through the interview and every thing was good but the whole living 15 miles away with no car thing bothered me. So I brought it up at the end. I said I dont feel comfortable hiring someone who has no way to get here everyday. He just said sir that is my problem not yours. If you give me an opportunity to work here I will be on time and I wont call in sick.

I gave him a shot and he was one of my best guys. He bought a bike when he left the interview and he rode 15 miles a day. He was never late and never called in.