Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI just listened and here are my thoughts
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12715432&mesg_id=12716299
12716299, I just listened and here are my thoughts
Posted by nipsey, Mon Feb-02-15 04:32 PM
I want to preface my comments by saying that my wife and I recently started doing our own podcast. We have five episodes up so far and it is definitely a work in process for us. We're kinda making it up as we go along trying to make tweaks each time to improve the listening experience. As we are always looking for suggestions and comments, I wanted to make sure to give you some feedback.

1) The audio comes through as clear to me. But for some reason, your friend's audio only comes through in the RIGHT speaker. I'm listening with headphones and there is no audio when he speaks in the left ear. Sound quality is something we need to work on in our podcasts. I know how important it can be. We have a one bedroom apartment and no place to record other than our open concept kitchen. So you can hear the refrigerator cycling on and off in the background. Not ideal so I'm trying to find ways to make our sound better.

2) As someone mentioned above, if you're doing multiple topics in a podcast, then I would suggest having clearer transitions between topics.

3) Also, I can't remember if you gave an introduction to your podcast. But I think you should make sure you do that. Introduce the podcast, you and your host and perhaps the topics you plan to discuss.