Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDrinking at non sanctioned work events and trying to maintain your cool and high
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12714765
12714765, Drinking at non sanctioned work events and trying to maintain your cool and high
Posted by Mudbone, Fri Jan-30-15 09:56 PM
Yeah, I work at a major research public university and we have Friday wind downs or social events on Friday's. How do you get down without showing your ass and losing your J O B? #faded #acctractedtoadirectreport.
12714771, drink tonic water or soda water
Posted by rdhull, Fri Jan-30-15 10:13 PM
12714787, Why is your intention to get sloppy in public
Posted by brownskinbaby, Fri Jan-30-15 10:53 PM
That seems super immature. Why not just socialize and have a couple of drinks? Drinking until you cant control yourself to the point that you would put your job in jeopardy is a bit excessive, no? I personally have a kid, a husband, dogs, and a house to take care of when I get home. I am not trying to wake up with a habgover more that once or teice a year. I have shit to fo the next day. If I am drunk to the point that I coukd loose my job, I am most drfinitely going to have a hangover the next day.
12714898, hows the view up there?
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sat Jan-31-15 09:14 AM
12714912, lol...i've been living on the same floor for the past three years
Posted by dafriquan, Sat Jan-31-15 10:21 AM
the view is breathtaking!

12714852, RE: Drinking at non sanctioned work events and trying to maintain your cool and high
Posted by Birdzeye, Sat Jan-31-15 04:36 AM
I remember as a 9 or 10 year old my dad came to pick me up from school. I can't remember the reason why but he had to come into the school building to get me.

I was talking to my head teacher who my dad recognised (because of the teachers prominent birthmark on his face) had been a teacher for my dad many years before.

My Dad engaged in a warm catch up with this teacher, but what I remember mostly about this situation is the large open can of beer that my Dad was holding all through this conversation.

Definitely inappropriate!
12714868, RE: Drinking at non sanctioned work events and trying to maintain your cool and high
Posted by Mudbone, Sat Jan-31-15 06:50 AM
Water and snacks on hand helped immensely. I wasn't sloppy, just tequila w/mixer buzzed; we actually ended early so I was in decent shape to go home.
12714884, RE: Drinking at non sanctioned work events and trying to maintain your cool and high
Posted by Deacon Blues, Sat Jan-31-15 07:49 AM

Make sure you have some food on your stomach

Hydrate before during and after

Drink slowly

Good rules for drinking in general

You want a buzz not sloppy and hangover

12714896, Stick to beer and wine.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Sat Jan-31-15 09:10 AM

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

http://blackpeopleonlocalnews.tumblr.com/
12715048, Went to Interop in Las Vegas a couple of years ago for work...
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Sat Jan-31-15 03:19 PM
... work related, we were all there, but half of the vendors were passing out beer or wine at their booths. I wasn't even thinking about it so I was tossin 'em back while we were walking and discussing new projects and shit with the vendors.

About an hour and a half in I realized I had 7 or 8 beers and a couple of glasses of wine and was on the edge of being really fucked up.

The hardest shit was to sit there ant try to talk shop with these dudes with a massive buzz heading into drunk territory.

---------------------------

forcing myself to actually respond to you is like bathing in ebola virus. - Binlahab

Like there is stupid, and then there is you, and then there is dead. - VAsBestBBW

R.I.P. Disco D
12715393, alternate every alcoholic drink
Posted by DeepAztheRoot, Sun Feb-01-15 07:36 PM
with a non-alcoholic one, sparkling water etc...