Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMy wife JUST changed our plan at xmas
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12713540&mesg_id=12713760
12713760, My wife JUST changed our plan at xmas
Posted by John Forte, Fri Jan-30-15 10:15 AM
We have three phones; mine, hers and her nephew's. She was grandfathered in for unlimited data, I had 2 gig, and I think he had 1G. She wanted to distribute the data more evenly because I'd go over my data every other month and it would cost us an extra $10. ATT told her that we could switch to the Family Share plan and get 10G of data between us (we've never used more than 6-7G) for the SAME price. What they neglected to tell us is that that Family Share plan technically takes us out of contract, so no more upgrades.

I found out the hard way a couple of days ago when I went in for my upgrade. They told me that if I wanted to upgrade, I'd have to either buy the phone outright, do the installment plan (zero interest) or go under a new contract which would cost $25 more per month, and I'd still have to pay $300 for the phone. I was mad as shit. So yeah, I'm on a $31/mo plan for the next 18 mo.