Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectLudacris found to be ‘most fit & proper parent'. in custody case LINK
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12712985
12712985, Ludacris found to be ‘most fit & proper parent'. in custody case LINK
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Jan-29-15 03:11 PM
---> During the custody battle Tamika Fuller, Cai’s mom, asked for the 37-year-old rapper to increase his child support payments and claimed he was against the pregnancy initially.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/ludacris-granted-full-custody-13-month-old-daughter-article-1.2095579

Judge grants Ludacris full custody of 13-month-old daughter Cai
The rapper’s custody battle is over as a judge finds him the ‘most fit and proper parent’ to his little girl.
BY ELIZABETH VANMETRE NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Wednesday, January 28,

Ludacris -- I Got Full Custody of Our Daughter
Inform

All he does is win, win, win no matter what.

Chris Bridges, AKA Ludacris, was told by a judge Monday that he had been granted full custody of his 13-month-old daughter Cai.

During the custody battle Tamika Fuller, Cai’s mom, asked for the 37-year-old rapper to increase his child support payments and claimed he was against the pregnancy initially.

The actor said that Fuller’s comments were hurting his reputation and he would provide a better home environment for Cai.

Ludacris seems elated by the judge’s final decision.

Ludacris has been granted full custody his his daughter Cai.
"After review of all the evidence, the testimony of the witnesses, the report of the guardian ad litem, and the claims made throughout this entire case, I am gratified that the judge found me to be the most fit and proper parent to have primary physical custody of our beautiful daughter," he told People.

Ludacris is married and is also the father to a 13-year-old daughter from a previous relationship.

"If you wanna help us, fine. Sit down with your kids and make 'em study at night...otherwise, shoot THIS mothaf*cka!" (c) Morgan Freeman,
12712989, MEN FOR THE WIN
Posted by Geah, Thu Jan-29-15 03:15 PM
12712991, i useta think a mom had to be a crackhead & throw something @ the judge
Posted by BigJazz, Thu Jan-29-15 03:16 PM
during the hearing to lose custody of her kid to the child's father.

at one point it was kinda like that.

it's good to see things have changed and that fathers get fair treatment in court...

I'm tryna be better off, not better than...
12713001, things ain't really "changed" yet
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Jan-29-15 03:22 PM

"If you wanna help us, fine. Sit down with your kids and make 'em study at night...otherwise, shoot THIS mothaf*cka!" (c) Morgan Freeman,
12713011, i feel like it's household vs household.
Posted by Deadzombie, Thu Jan-29-15 03:26 PM
ludacris got a house and a new wife and stability.
12713158, For regular dudes, not for rich guys
Posted by Case_One, Thu Jan-29-15 04:42 PM

"Today is your day to have a better life -- it's your right."
12712996, did someone really 'win' something?
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Jan-29-15 03:20 PM
12713003, uh, the way guys here talk about paying a woman child support.....
Posted by c71, Thu Jan-29-15 03:22 PM
esp. a black celeb paying a woman child support.....

I think we got some folks seeing Luda avoiding that fate as.....
12713004, nah, just one side lost more slowly
Posted by BabySoulRebel, Thu Jan-29-15 03:23 PM
12713017, Fuck yes he won
Posted by Geah, Thu Jan-29-15 03:28 PM
12713027, 1st prize is a daughter separated from her mom?
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Jan-29-15 03:37 PM
12713041, i'm more concerned about the age
Posted by BabySoulRebel, Thu Jan-29-15 03:45 PM
girl's 13 months
if mom was breastfeeding then chances are the baby might not be fully weaned
that seems particularly cruel to both baby and mom
I wonder when the custody ruling takes effect.
12713046, She can pump and give him a supply
Posted by Geah, Thu Jan-29-15 03:49 PM
12713071, I thought about that too
Posted by BabySoulRebel, Thu Jan-29-15 03:56 PM
but
DAMN.
I truly hope in my heart of hearts that this was indeed the best decision for that little girl. The age really bothers me, if she was say a toddler it would make a bit more sense.
12713072, yeah that's cruel as hell, having a parent have custody of his child
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Jan-29-15 03:57 PM
12713099, here I brought you something
Posted by BabySoulRebel, Thu Jan-29-15 04:07 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/52/Cowboys_Stadium_full_view.jpg
pick one and have a seat.

if you read the cruel part then you also read that I hope it truly was the best decision for the child given her age
I'm sorry that YOU had a incredibly horrific experience with the mother of your child. I appreciate that YOU fought like hell to be involved in YOUR child's life
BUT
earth to Lazy: NOT EVERY SITUATION IS LIKE YOURS.
You do understand that don't you?
12713104, u read a LOT into my simple statement. do u understand THAT?
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Jan-29-15 04:11 PM
and i only sit in soldier field

12713109, what I DO understand is that this is obviously a loaded issue
Posted by BabySoulRebel, Thu Jan-29-15 04:16 PM
for you
understandably so
so this is where I dip out
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110716235001/glee/images/1/17/Bye_daniel.gif
12713114, i ain't click on NAN of your links, but your replies are cop outs
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Jan-29-15 04:18 PM

12713116, 1/2 the negroes here ain't get breastfed. they turned out fi..no wait
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Jan-29-15 04:20 PM

12713120, lol
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jan-29-15 04:22 PM
12713127, LMAO
Posted by lfresh, Thu Jan-29-15 04:25 PM

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.
12713336, *Laughs*
Posted by Meadow, Thu Jan-29-15 08:42 PM
12713047, RE: 1st prize is a daughter living with the BETTER FIT PARENT
Posted by Geah, Thu Jan-29-15 03:49 PM
12713121, she was fit to impregnate but not fit to mother?
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Jan-29-15 04:22 PM
12713124, he was fit to get impregnated by & have a child with, but not to father?
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Jan-29-15 04:24 PM
12713375, Guess she was only worth sleeping with. Still a shame.
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Jan-29-15 09:27 PM
12713308, yep, that's result of using your kid as a free line of credit...
Posted by juce72, Thu Jan-29-15 08:14 PM
i guess she needed extra cheese on her whopper
12713028, full custody is a win IMO
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jan-29-15 03:38 PM
12713064, yes, he won rights to his child
Posted by ThaAnthology, Thu Jan-29-15 03:55 PM
so yeah.
12713032, You been gone forever
Posted by DaHeathenOne76, Thu Jan-29-15 03:41 PM
And you come back to post a victory for Fathers.

Talk about agenda posting. :)

Congrats to the better parent. He had more money and more lawyer power. Duh
huh
12713065, the cynic in me
Posted by lfresh, Thu Jan-29-15 03:55 PM
>He had more money and more lawyer power. Duh

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
12713074, hahaha their fault for making family court a win lose situation
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Jan-29-15 03:57 PM

12713067, yay to a man who wants to be a dad
Posted by lfresh, Thu Jan-29-15 03:56 PM
but if he is handing this baby off to the new wife

thats a major problem

did he raise the 13 yr old?
~~~~
~~~~
12713081, i knew before i clicked this...back hand was coming. y'all wouldn't
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Jan-29-15 04:00 PM
have said "yay for a woman that wants to be a mom dot dot dot...but if she's having this baby to get at luda's cash, then ...."

12713095, then that would be her bad
Posted by lfresh, Thu Jan-29-15 04:07 PM
> have said "yay for a woman that wants to be a mom dot dot
>dot...but if she's having this baby to get at luda's cash,
>then ...."

hopefully he actually wants to be a father
and this isnt a new sort of adoption type deal for the new wife

~~~~
~~~~
12713091, ugh, that $7k he ain't payin' in child support can go to a nanny.
Posted by Fishgrease, Thu Jan-29-15 04:04 PM
12713094, thats not wanting to be a dad
Posted by lfresh, Thu Jan-29-15 04:06 PM
shoot we can take it a step further in that case

did the new wife want a baby and instead of adopting
he went this route

again this wouldnt be luda wanting to be a dad

~~~~
~~~~
12713102, sh*t, I got custody of mine and I want a nanny.
Posted by Fishgrease, Thu Jan-29-15 04:09 PM
a fat ugly one named Helga.

Doesn't mean I don't wanna be a dad...

but if I could afford it, i'd sure have someone doing the domestic sh*t.
12713111, meh as long as he isnt fobbing a baby
Posted by lfresh, Thu Jan-29-15 04:17 PM
off on the new wife

that baby 13 months?

he cheat on the wife?
or that relationship is brand spanking new?

something is off
~~~~
~~~~
12713117, the baby momma was a side piece...he been with the (new) wife for a
Posted by Fishgrease, Thu Jan-29-15 04:20 PM
minute.
12713126, thats not a good look
Posted by lfresh, Thu Jan-29-15 04:24 PM
was just doing the math with BSR

there are more than a few of you dad raising your children on here

( i know a few in person)

yall definitely deserve rights
i'm just not sure this is a win for you

none of the dudes i know are getting child support
to start with
=\
~~~~
~~~~
12713135, naw, when a dad is given custody it's rare for there to be
Posted by Fishgrease, Thu Jan-29-15 04:28 PM
any support given by the mother.

I have a couple boys as well that have custody and they do it all on their own.
12713138, =(
Posted by lfresh, Thu Jan-29-15 04:31 PM
>any support given by the mother.
>
>I have a couple boys as well that have custody and they do it
>all on their own.

thats crazy

~~~~
~~~~
12713159, truth be told, we just want custody, we'll worry about the financials post
Posted by Fishgrease, Thu Jan-29-15 04:42 PM
facto.

Men with custody aren't very prideful and will do whatever, stuggle where required and necessary to make ends meet.

But non custodial Dads from my observation, are the most prideful, I can't believe I gotta get a second job muhphuckas on the face of the earth.
12713145, that could be because of money though
Posted by Damali, Thu Jan-29-15 04:36 PM
when my ex-husband had custody of our two sons, I paid child support...about $1000 a month at one point...i made 3 times as much money as him so that factored in, i'm sure

d
12713152, but let it be the inverse where the custodial mom makes 3 times more
Posted by Fishgrease, Thu Jan-29-15 04:39 PM
than the non custodial dad, he'll still get hit over the head with child support payment and expectations.

For the most part, there's not a level of equality given when Dad's have full custody.
12713267, unless you have an actual example of that...
Posted by Damali, Thu Jan-29-15 06:48 PM
cuz that doesn't sound right.

Child support is a numbers game. period.

at least that's been my experience in the state of NJ. i can't speak for other states.

d
12713085, when luda went to pick up his daughter, mom was standing in the doorway
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Jan-29-15 04:01 PM
he he told her to move ...... never mind lol

12713100, i remember in the trial she "claimed" he never even met the child yet.
Posted by Fishgrease, Thu Jan-29-15 04:08 PM
12713147, I'm always happy to see dads fight to raise their kids.
Posted by Damali, Thu Jan-29-15 04:37 PM
good for him.

meanwhile, i'm ignoring your agenda.

d
12713167, ummm ok not sure what 'agenda' u talking about ..BUT
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Jan-29-15 04:47 PM
say what u need to say so as not to seem like u are betraying women..i guess.

12713269, lol you just revealed it.
Posted by Damali, Thu Jan-29-15 06:49 PM
i responded to your post with exactly how i feel on the issue but you so clouded with your agenda, you think *I* have one LOL

as we all know, custody battles are generally lose-lose situations. in addition, i don't look at individual situations and extrapolate it out to some grand genderWarz idea...that's y'all.

i still luh you tho Lay :)

d
12713460, no i didn't. your original post only said 'good for him'
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Jan-29-15 11:26 PM
THEN u came back and added the "meanwhile, i'm ignoring your agenda." so i responded to THAT edit/addition. your original post was fine. ...but then you had to come back add that last line to address me. :) i had no agenda, and i luv u back

12713149, :)
Posted by Shaun Tha Don, Thu Jan-29-15 04:38 PM
12713273, That broad emptied a whole clip into her foot.
Posted by The Wordsmith, Thu Jan-29-15 07:01 PM
Messed up her money (you already know all them stacks weren't going exclusively to a one year old) and lost custody to their child. She was better off staying quiet.

If memory serves me correctly, 50 Cent's baby mama messed around and got her child support lowered (unintentionally) because the judge got tired of seeing her constantly in court for more child support and decided to look at the actual expenses. Messed around and found that she didn't even need anywhere near the amount she was already getting let alone the increase she was asking for. Effed up her money by being greedy.

Since 1976
12713316, U gon let these messy hoes fuck yo world off! © Bernard Freeman
Posted by homer_pimpson225, Thu Jan-29-15 08:22 PM
12713276, i'm not going to cheer for a mother and daughter being separated...
Posted by Very-Effortless, Thu Jan-29-15 07:08 PM
Just like I wouldn't cheer for a father and daughter being separated.

Doesn't matter who "won" here. The child loses.

And the cynic in me thinks that Luda only really won because he has money and got married.
12713306, Actually her expenses outweighing her monthly income and...
Posted by The Wordsmith, Thu Jan-29-15 08:10 PM
...the judge hearing about how she abandoned her older child before had hurt her. This link has the story:

http://madamenoire.com/507357/massive-debt-claims-child-abandonment-behind-tamika-fuller-losing-custody-luda-celebrates-decision-ig/

MadameNoire

Massive Debt, Claims Of Child Abandonment Behind Tamika Fuller Losing Custody; Luda Celebrates Decision On IG

We shared with you yesterday that rapper Chris “Ludacris” Bridges ended up winning primary custody of his daughter, Cai. This decision has left Tamika Fuller with only visitation after raising the 13-month-old as primary guardian all this time.

The news was shocking to a lot of people, who expected that Fuller would be able to maintain primary custody, especially after hearing the story she shared of the rapper allegedly bribing her to have an abortion. But it wasn’t a shock to Ludacris, who seemingly celebrated the custody news by posting this meme on Instagram last night. It was about the truth:

(On the site, it shows a Tweet from Luda with a jpeg that has two lions running. The quote says something about how "you don't have to defend the truth. Let the truth run free and it will defend itself" or something along those lines).

People who follow the rapper had a mixed reaction to his straightforward message:

“You ain’t shit for that.”

“I’m truly upset about this. The mother must have been doing something right if she has been raising the baby from the beginning and the baby is healthy and not hurt. Money truly is the bigger evil.”

“you are dead wrong. GOD is watching. I’ve lost respect for you.”

“Good job Luda, it’s about time men got some justice instead of getting screwed over by these gold diggers”

“Still love you eff everyone else. Karma is growing up to be a beautiful young lady so I know you’ll do great with this one.”

“You don’t interfere with a child’s right to know their father and without a toxic environment being created. Judges don’t make this move lightly but they will when it’s NECESSARY!”

Since the news broke, reasons why Fuller lost primary custody have surfaced. According to an exclusive report from Bossip (who contacted a source in the courtroom when the decision was handed down), shaky finances and questionable parenting of her first child were a big issue for presiding Judge Dorothy Downs. It was an issue of “her instability versus his stability.”

The judge said Fuller’s $800 a month salary as a housekeeping supervisor for a national hotel chain couldn’t compare to the lifestyle her millionaire rapper baby-daddy – and his new wife, Eudoxie – could provide the tot.
During the three-day trial, the judge heard that Fuller disappeared for a few years after the birth of her eldest daughter, leading to questions about child abandonment.

The judge also recommended that Fuller get a better paying job. It came out in court that Fuller’s expenses are four times her $800 a month salary.
Based on the decision, Fuller will get to see Cai 11 days out of each month, but Bridges will have her for the rest of the time.

Since 1976
12713472, 11 days/ month. most noncustodials get 4 days/month
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Jan-29-15 11:43 PM

12713280, lol@ the main broads that post with their agenda mad at u for having one
Posted by SeV, Thu Jan-29-15 07:20 PM

hilarious.

but im banned tho.

Dallas Cavericks LETS GO!!