Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThe wife copped me Bevel for Christmas...a quick review.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12712613&mesg_id=12713519
12713519, The wife copped me Bevel for Christmas...a quick review.
Posted by doberman, Fri Jan-30-15 02:10 AM
I know it's overpriced but I wanted to support the boy Tristan while giving this razor shave thing one more chance.

I'd been scared to use it but I was switching jobs and had a two week gap where I'm wasn't working and could afford to have the Nestle Crunch face if things went pear-shaped.

So far so good. It's basically the exact same "wet shave" approach that BigReg describes below, just everything all packaged up for you. I like the products they include like the shaving cream and the post shave moisturizer. You can tell they're of quality and have natural ingredients.

The key difference from my other disastrous attempts at razor shaving is one: using the saftey razor and not a 5 blade mach 18 that cuts hairs below the skin line. The the other key, and the Bevel guide tells you this, is to learn the hair growth pattern of your beard and shave WITH the grain. Under my chin, my beard mostly grows to the right and in the past I was unwittingly shaving against the grain and cutting it too low. Now I go with that shit and no razor bumps.

So Bevel's been cool for me thus far. It takes more time than just breaking out my Andis clippers, but it is a closer smoother shave.

And oh yeah...the safety razor is not to be trifled with. It's says "safety" but you can lacerate the fuck out yourself with that shit if you get the wrong angle and too aggressive with your strokes. Be forewarned.