Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectGOD YES!!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12711587&mesg_id=12711596
12711596, GOD YES!!!!
Posted by Very-Effortless, Wed Jan-28-15 01:46 PM
For so many reasons:

-autonomy: no one stands over my shoulder asking what I'm doing with my time. I'm trusted to handle shit and handle it well. I fill out a weekly PMO with my project updates and I'm rarely questioned on things.

-I get to travel for work. And while this is a love/hate thing (cause sometimes it's too much) there are very few jobs that send you to Brazil for a month for the World Cup.

-I get to go to the coolest events and make sure cool shit happens there. I was doing the math the other day and throughout my career I've been to over 200 NBA games, over 25 nfl games, over 100 NHL games, over 20 mlb games, countless concerts and over 15 UFC events. Not to mentions random events that don't fit within those buckets. Being that immersed in sports is fucking awesome.

-I'm truly good and what I do. I don't have to second guess myself a lot and I can make decisions with confidence. I get to be the expert in the room a lot and people look to me for advice and knowledge.

-I work on a small team of cool people. I like all of my coworkers and after a rocky start my client and I work fantastic together.

-I get to work with international markets... And while this CAN be trying (cause right now I'm like eff Brazilians) it's such a great and fulfilling experience to work cross-culturally.

I'm sure if I sat here I could come up with tons of other reasons but that's a start