Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthis dude i know
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12711376&mesg_id=12711790
12711790, this dude i know
Posted by SoWhat, Wed Jan-28-15 03:31 PM
is an undocumented immigrant who faced a rape charge. if convicted he was looking at jail time and certain deportation b/c he'd been previously deported. the case against him was strong. his defense was weak. his lawyer didn't tell him to run but explained that if he went back to Mexico on his own no one was going to come looking for him. he just could never return to the USA. if lost at trial and was jailed he'd have to serve several yrs in the state pen and would then be deported to Mexico. and the deportation would occur w/o a hearing (b/c of the prior deportation). plus it would involve the feds literally dropping him off at the border and him being made to walk across into Mexico. on foot. the guy is from central Mexico. if he'd gone on his own he could've made arrangements to get to his hometown or where ever he wanted. but if deported no arrangements would be made and he wouldn't be allowed to make any. well, he could use a pay phone on the other side of the border if he wished. after he'd served several yrs in the pen.

that fool showed up for his rape trial. and he lost. and now he's in the state pen.

i heard that story and just laughed and SMH.