Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject. . .
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12711266&mesg_id=12711315
12711315, . . .
Posted by SoWhat, Wed Jan-28-15 11:00 AM
>Lying in hospitals dying of nothing? wat?

hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun
noun: hyperbole; plural noun: hyperboles

exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
synonyms: exaggeration, overstatement, magnification, embroidery, embellishment, excess, overkill, rhetoric;

>>...we're all going to die. something is going to kill each
>of
>>us. that's unavoidable. i'm fine w/that.
>
>
>No doubt, however, I'd rather die of old age, than of self
>inflicted damage.

no one dies of old age.

old ppl die b/c their organs fail. or b/c they have an illness. or some other condition. but they don't die of 'old age'.

my 97 yr old great grandfather died of an aneurysm. a blood vessel in his brain exploded. and he bled to death. in his head. he didn't die of 'old age'.

that's how it goes. something will cause you to die. it won't be old age.

You don't know how you will feel in 10 to 20
>years from now.

i'm pretty sure i do.

Let's assume you find a partner and have a
>family, and let's assume your life is filled with a lot of joy
>as a result.

LOL. yeah, let's imagine a fantasy world where my life is filled w/joy as opposed to my current life that's filled w/joy as-is.

but, okay.

Do you think the attitude of "Well, it's okay,
>we're all going to die and I don't mind dying now due to heart
>and liver issues." is going to stick when you could have lived
>another 10 to 15 years?

yeah. i'm very confident i would have the same attitude. i would not want to live too deeply into my 80s. i'm fine if this whole thing wraps up around age 85. i'll have had a good run. and by then i'll be pretty deep into heroin use if things go as i expect. b/c by then it's like why am i NOT using heroin? or any other drug i want. i don't use it now b/c i don't want to die w/in the next 10 yrs or so if i can help it (though if that happens i'm cool w/it). but by age 80 i plan to go ahead and dive into some serious substance usage. i'll have little reason not to. i'll also eat whatever i want. high fat, sugar, cholesterol. all of it. b/c why not?