Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAre you aware alcohol is the hardest drug?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12711266&mesg_id=12711266
12711266, Are you aware alcohol is the hardest drug?
Posted by initiationofplato, Wed Jan-28-15 10:39 AM
Before you attack me for being a buzz kill, I will just say that I drink form time to time as well, however, this doesn't take away from the shocking data concerning alcohol.

Alcohol is the most damaging substance to the individual and to others, ranked higher than heroin, crack/cocaine, crystal meth, tobacco, etc. Alcohol is a narcotic.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=alcohol+more+toxic+than+cocaine+and+heroin&oq=alcohol+more+toxic+than+cocaine+and+heroin&aqs=chrome..69i57.6504j0j1&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=alcohol+more+harmful+than+heroin+and+cocaine

Someone on this forum called me a dummy for writing this in another post, and I felt compelled to share because I don't think people are aware of the data. Everyone should at least be aware of what they are doing to their bodies.

If you use social media, I am sure you will see "scientific studies" claiming that red wine is good for digestion, or that 1 glass of red wine is equivalent to an hour of cardiovascular activity, etc.

The fact is all these studies are bullshit, limited to a set of variables the researchers are specifically targeting while ignoring others, and most likely funded by alcohol distributors that want to provide buyers with confidence.

There are well documented studies which state that if you have more than 2 drinks per week on a consistent basis, you are going to run into heart disease issues in the future. It is basically a guarantee.

So, the question is: Is it worth it? I basically see alcohol as a poison that I drink from time to time to "take the edge off" because it definitely does that. What does it say about a society that creates anxious, angry, stressed, and paranoid people, only to fill them with poison to cope?

How can the drug enforcement administration take themselves seriously when the hardest drug known to man is readily available 24 hours a day at your local corner store? Society is truly a farce for the insane.