Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectman, your pain is felt.I had the chance to get my son in a better school
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12711092&mesg_id=12711771
12711771, man, your pain is felt.I had the chance to get my son in a better school
Posted by Fishgrease, Wed Jan-28-15 03:19 PM
but the extra $125 a week ($500/mo) for after school would've changed our day to day life dramatically. 5 of the 8 other schools in the district have buses that run to this state funded after school program but the top 3 performing schools do not.

Thats not even the killer...I could swing the $500 a month but the after school ends at 6 pm (where as the state funded program ends at 7pm), I timed it 2 or three times to see if i could make it (i get off work at 5pm) and I've been late to the "new school" by 7-8 minutes. You know how after school programs are about tardy parents, fees and removing said kids from program after "x" amount of late pick ups...

so as it stands, my son is in the same school as before and I'm not breakin' my neck to go pick him up.

Oh did I mention that there's a bus from the "desired" school that drives on a street exactly parallel to the after school program that my son currently attends?

this ain't even Plessy vs. Ferguson (separate but equal).