Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'm looking at it from a larger perspective
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12711092&mesg_id=12711500
12711500, I'm looking at it from a larger perspective
Posted by Overqualified, Wed Jan-28-15 12:33 PM
because it will involve me on some level (and already has), from her asking for contacts, to expertise from me as a professional marketer, to financial support when she's sunk her money into the products, meetings, and such.

But more, it has to do with the string of decision making, being gullible, and trying to take the easy way out of a situation. Everybody knows someone who knows someone who's caked off these things and that does happen, IF YOU GET IT IN EARLY, because they are essentially pyramid schemes. The people at the 15-20th level, which I'm sure this particular one is at, are needed to keep to keep the <3% at the top paid. And from the business meeting/church service I went to yesterday, complete with altar call - they prey on those who are at their end or looking for a "financial blessing" in the wrong place. Starting a life with someone who doesn't have a discerning spirit or exercising critical thought when confronted with these kinds of things doesn't bode well for a permanent relationship, i.e. marriage IMO. At 34 and trying to get my own financial house in order, I can't afford that misstep and have to limit my exposure.