Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHOW FAR WOULD YOU TRAVEL BACK IF YOU 4GOT YOUR CELL PHONE???
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12710531
12710531, HOW FAR WOULD YOU TRAVEL BACK IF YOU 4GOT YOUR CELL PHONE???
Posted by Brownsugar, Tue Jan-27-15 01:20 PM
Would it be 5 miles, 10 miles or maybe even out of state??? How important is it for you to have your cell/smart phone on you and how far would you travel back to retrieve it if you 4got to take it with you??? I thought that I had left my phone at home this past Sunday; I was about 5 miles from my house and I damn sure was ready to turn right back around and go back and get it, but luckily it was deep down in my purse...Tell me whassup :-) :-) :-) ???

♥ :* HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :* ♥
12710546, fuck that, I'M GETTING MY PHONE
Posted by hardware, Tue Jan-27-15 01:25 PM
if i have to come back from Mars, nigga.
12710947, All caps'll do that to a person.
Posted by JFrost1117, Tue Jan-27-15 07:58 PM
12710549, 1 mile other than that...oh well
Posted by DaHeathenOne76, Tue Jan-27-15 01:27 PM
Fuck that phone though.
huh
12710595, LOL!!!...
Posted by Brownsugar, Tue Jan-27-15 02:07 PM
I truly understand :D :D :D !!!

♥ :* LUV MAKES THE WORLD GO 'ROUND!!! :* ♥
12710600, OOOPPPZZZ!!! I was replying to #1...n/m
Posted by Brownsugar, Tue Jan-27-15 02:08 PM

12710566, If i've pulled out of the driveway already...them i'm gonna be off the grid
Posted by GHNO, Tue Jan-27-15 01:45 PM
that day...
12710569, these iphones retail for like $800 don't they?
Posted by dafriquan, Tue Jan-27-15 01:48 PM
i will hop on a greyhound for my baby
too many contacts, appointments and ideas stored in there

my hour to hour agenda is on that thing.
my memory is going to shit so i need it to tell me what to do
and remind me of what i was thinking at any given point

i should back it up the cloud but i'm paranoid about that.
12710970, if you rely on your phone that much (no snark) you should defn back it up
Posted by guru0509, Tue Jan-27-15 08:45 PM
>i will hop on a greyhound for my baby
>too many contacts, appointments and ideas stored in there
>
>my hour to hour agenda is on that thing.
>my memory is going to shit so i need it to tell me what to do
>
>and remind me of what i was thinking at any given point

>i should back it up the cloud but i'm paranoid about that.

12711026, no you're right
Posted by dafriquan, Tue Jan-27-15 11:25 PM
12710583, I circled back the other day to get my phone...
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jan-27-15 01:57 PM
but if I'm a mile down the road, oh well.

unless I have an important phone call it can wait.
12710601, Keep on pushin...
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Tue Jan-27-15 02:09 PM
being without a cell would put me very much at ease. I'd take advantage and relax.

Now... If I forgot my Galaxy S3 that I just dropped service on? I'd be back to get it in a heartbeat. Reason being is that's what I use to listen to music, watch videos, and it's my quick and dirty camera/camcorder. I NEVER go anywhere without that thing.
12710705, I think I Jinxed myself doing this post...
Posted by Brownsugar, Tue Jan-27-15 03:25 PM
I left the house about 30 minutes ago and realized that I didn't have my phone...luckily, I was only a few blocks from my house so I went right back and got it!!!

I gotta stop, 2 times I one week??? Brownsugar...Check yourself before you wreck yourself girl :( :( :( !!!

12710714, if it wasnt for work I would go 3mins out my way to get my phone
Posted by Regina Rose, Tue Jan-27-15 03:28 PM
I'm becoming one of those people who hate cell phones and how much they have taken over lol
12710719, i've never gotten further than 5 miles before realizing i forgot my phone...
Posted by BigJazz, Tue Jan-27-15 03:32 PM
i've gone back to get it nearly every time

I'm tryna be better off, not better than...
12710720, to 1999.
Posted by illegal, Tue Jan-27-15 03:33 PM
12710726, In Vegas, I accidentally left it in the back of a cab...
Posted by Marbles, Tue Jan-27-15 03:36 PM
The cab dropped me off at my hotel and I started walking in when I realized I didn't have it. I turned around and saw the cabbie driving away from the hotel drop off zone towards the intersection to the strip.

I straight sprinted (bad hammy and all) and hurdled some hedges. Ran dangerously close in front of another cab and shouted my boy down. He looked at me like I was insane until I opened his back door and showed him my phone. Then he laughed & shook his head.

Other than leaving it at home on a work day, that's the farthest its away its been from me.
12710758, I lost my phone in a cab in Kansas City
Posted by Hitokiri, Tue Jan-27-15 04:05 PM
It pretty much ruined the trip for me.
We had just taken the cab from seeing an MLS game and had him drop us downtown. I was playing with my phone when we got to the Power and Lights district and I was also the person with the most cash on me... So when we got there the homies start handing their cash to me. I must've put my phone on the seat next to me when I started gathering cash. We got like 200 feet from the taxi when I realized I didn't have it. Ran back and he was gone. Called the company and they were gonna call him and have him come back around. I waited like an hour for them to come back... then I saw the cab from a second floor balcony and a sprinted down to catch him... couldn't. Called the company back and they said they couldn't reach him, but they'd keep trying. Called them back like 30 min later and they said he didn't find any phone. Even after I got back home I called the cab company a few times to no avail...

Goddamn that shit was fucking infuriating.
12710854, This phone stuff is some serious shit!!!...
Posted by Brownsugar, Tue Jan-27-15 05:40 PM
I am so sorry that happened to you and I am going to start being more careful with my phone. Sunday, I thought I left my phone at home but it was in my purse. The crazy thing about it was that I was going to visit my sister and I really don't get a phone signal there, but I just wanted my phone with me. I usually take my little flip phone when I go to her house but I did forget to bring my flip phone.

I think I am going to make a cell phone prayer. "God, please help me to keep track of my phone and protect it from theft, harm and damage"...Yep, this phone shit is serious!!!

12710838, LOL!!! They could use your info for a commercial...
Posted by Brownsugar, Tue Jan-27-15 05:32 PM
:D :D :D !!! I know it's not funny but it is just the way that you explained it...I SURE hope that never happens to me :D :D :D !!!

12710754, If i'm more than 3 stop lights from home
Posted by Hitokiri, Tue Jan-27-15 03:56 PM
It's just gonna have to stay there.

But I guess when it boils down to is how long I'm gonna be away from it. If I'm just going to work... yeah, it's just gonna stay home. If I'm gonna be outta town for a week (and I'm not in a rush to get to the airport or whatev), then I'd go back for it as far as time allows me to.
12710765, same here
Posted by sweet ruffian, Tue Jan-27-15 04:23 PM
>It's just gonna have to stay there.
>
>But I guess when it boils down to is how long I'm gonna be
>away from it. If I'm just going to work... yeah, it's just
>gonna stay home. If I'm gonna be outta town for a week (and
>I'm not in a rush to get to the airport or whatev), then I'd
>go back for it as far as time allows me to.
12710768, i rarely forget my phone
Posted by luminous, Tue Jan-27-15 04:24 PM
but most likely im going back for it no matter what. pay phones don't work anymore, and i realized how hard it is to contact people without a phone these days when my phone's battery died.
12710859, RE: i rarely forget my phone
Posted by Brownsugar, Tue Jan-27-15 05:46 PM
me too, up until this past Sunday and then I really forgot it today. I took my son to the store and realized that I didn't have my phone, my mind was effed up because I was ready to call him, but I couldn't, I was gonna call my sister, but I couldn't. I love to play, "Farm Heros" when I am sitting idle, none of my phone needs for today wasn't that serious but...This phone shit is just serious!!!

12710956, Phones are SEEEEEERIOUS AS FUCK now. Like, we live through them
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Tue Jan-27-15 08:14 PM
not just on them.

With iCloud and backups, it's not as much of an issue to worry about all our saved numbers and info. But then, many of us paid a few hundred for these damn iPhones...so yeah. I'd drive a few hours.

Thing is, it's no way to leave a phone behind now...we're so used to checking it every two min, we'd realize it ASAP.
12710982, correction: Y'ALL live through them.
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Tue Jan-27-15 09:14 PM
>not just on them.
>
>With iCloud and backups, it's not as much of an issue to worry
>about all our saved numbers and info. But then, many of us
>paid a few hundred for these damn iPhones...so yeah. I'd drive
>a few hours.
>
>Thing is, it's no way to leave a phone behind now...we're so
>used to checking it every two min, we'd realize it ASAP.

That's y'alls life right there. MY life does not, nor will it ever revolve around a damned cellphone.

---------------------------

forcing myself to actually respond to you is like bathing in ebola virus. - Binlahab

Like there is stupid, and then there is you, and then there is dead. - VAsBestBBW

R.I.P. Disco D
12711098, Its just me and you PG
Posted by DaHeathenOne76, Wed Jan-28-15 08:41 AM
LOL
huh
12710978, Dumbphone or multiple unsubsidized iphones?
Posted by Kira, Tue Jan-27-15 09:02 PM
Best believe I'll come to another state to find my unsubsidized device.

I'll report it stolen through find my phone and contact the authorities.
12710988, 4-Sure!!!...
Posted by Brownsugar, Tue Jan-27-15 09:39 PM
For a lot of folks, leaving your phone is like leaving your wallet with your id, credit cards & drivers license or even worse!!! I be needing my phone :D :D :D !!!

12711038, Left it at the gym, drove 15 miles right back
Posted by ndibs, Wed Jan-28-15 12:48 AM
Was still on the treadmill...
12711083, One or two freeway exits away
Posted by BabyYoda, Wed Jan-28-15 08:14 AM
If I don't have anywhere important to go such as work, but other than that, I will just have to deal with the pain and anxiety of not having a phone while I am away. I try my best to not leave my phone, smart watch and battery packs when I leave for work, a trip or any distance which exceeds a quarter tank of gas. I am attached to my phone and rarely talk on it now, haha..
12711088, Depends on how much of a rush I'm in.
Posted by kingjerm78, Wed Jan-28-15 08:20 AM
I've driven 33 miles to retrieve my phone.