Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectcan your internet NOT access rapgenius???? I mean....really....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12709169&mesg_id=12710282
12710282, can your internet NOT access rapgenius???? I mean....really....
Posted by GHNO, Tue Jan-27-15 10:27 AM
I'm kinda suspecting D's intent was clearly realized with the way he sang AND recorded the album. If he WANTED it to be perfectly clear and understandable on first listen he would have recorded it that way...
and also....it's HIGHLY likely he intended to provide just a TASTE on the album so that folks would clamor to see him live in hopes that he'd sing it more clearly ....
or perhaps he intends to do his own unplugged release where he sings it clearly...

who knows...
but your reason for liking this cover is kinda lame....if you really wanted to get what he was saying, there are PLENTY of sites that have gone down the path of deciphering the album. It's part of the fun....

I think this woman can sing jsut fine...I think I even said as much...my beef isn't with her singing at all....she's obviously got talent.....

But she didn't really put her own twist on this cover like a lot of these Youtube artists do....
she simply sang the lyrics clearer than D did....