Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI liked dating girls when 20-23 when I was 27. I'm 33, hasn't changed.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12707117&mesg_id=12707223
12707223, I liked dating girls when 20-23 when I was 27. I'm 33, hasn't changed.
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Jan-23-15 12:12 PM
But it depends what you are after. Like if you are looking to get married and the whole shit, no, tighten up the gap for sure.

If you want to have fun and fuck around, by all means, have at it.

Right now my girlfriend is 21 and she is still in this dreamer phase and she is also, for the most part, lazy as fuck. That's the most innervating thing, listening to her big plans and then seeing her do nothing. So now I've just chilled and stopped worrying about it. She will sink or swim on her own and of course if I can help her in some meaningful way, great.

It's been a fine attitude for what we have going, but for a while there we were thinking bigger. That was a mistake. I don't think it's fair to anyone that age to be looking at "settling down."

When I was that age, I did the opposite, dated a woman in her early 30s while I was a sophomore/junior in college. She wanted to settle down and at the time I thought it was unfair that she didn't even consider giving me that opportunity (dumped me for a guy in his 40s who worked in her same field at another university). Looking back on it, of course she did the right thing not only for herself but for me, too.