Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: not self importance, self realization
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12706906&mesg_id=12724343
12724343, RE: not self importance, self realization
Posted by initiationofplato, Tue Feb-10-15 11:09 PM
>What belief is that? An who endowed you with that right as a
>human being, because I mean this entire universe is here for
>my personal amusement too. Which means I can revoke your human
>rights to belief right?

There is one unified universe which expresses itself through patterns which are the same to one another, but, what makes them different is their relationship to one another. As an example, all the planets in our solar system are built on the same laws and look different because of their distances to one another (relationships). There can be no foreground without the background, in order for the relationship between science and religion to illuminate our understanding of the universe, they both need to exist. They need to contrast one another so we know where and how to look using any medium we have access to including ourselves.

Someone's belief in god, or not, is NONE of anyone's business. Science has tricked itself into thinking they know the truth and take a point of authority and higher ground, with a mighty chip on their shoulder when speaking to someone whom is spiritually inclined. That is oppression and what I call the though police. What I wanted to point out is that both science and religion are built on the same ground, to illuminate how hilarious the irony of this classic struggle really is.

I believe everything is one unified living and conscious happening whose past and future is irrelevant. The importance lays in the present moment of now, that is the only time we have access to and the only time that is important and worthwhile. Looking for the beginning of a present moment is impossible, the present moment is its own suchness, and so it is eternal. The big bang is happening right now. God or religion is happening right now as well. It is all important and needed and trying to determine the *top* and correct theory is not science, and it is not religion either, it is confusion.

>
>>and finally,
>>I just wanted to laugh at the irony of science and religion
>>sharing faith.
>
>I saw you trying to avoid the fallacy of this statement in the
>locked thread. I assume that was for your own amusement too.
>Because if you employed logic you'd realize that making a
>viable (even if later proven wrong) hypothesis which is
>consistent with the verifiable theorems already postulated
>isn't really faith, more like a placeholder until you receive
>more information.
>

Placeholder. Only for the most profound reality there ever was. That's pretty hilarious. Gee, it reminds me of something called God.

For my further amusement:

"The Big Bang singularity is the most serious problem of general relativity because the laws of physics appear to break down there," Ahmed Farag Ali at Benha University and the Zewail City of Science and Technology, both in Egypt, told Phys.org.

The laws break down, do you know what that implies? It implies that the laws prove nothing because they are not present to verify their own existence. There is NOTHING to substantiate the singularity. It is taken on faith just as god is. The singularity is god and god is the singularity, in that they share ZERO evidence where physical laws are impossible, and both drive the most profound question that we have to consider.