Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectJust listened to the 3 minute one "Life is a Dance"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12706906&mesg_id=12707464
12707464, Just listened to the 3 minute one "Life is a Dance"
Posted by Brew, Fri Jan-23-15 01:45 PM
That was really profound. What's interesting is that what Watts said about grade school leading to high school, leading to college, so on and so forth...until you look back and realize, shit, I've been waiting for this "end" that's never coming and I've missed a lot....that's been something I've thought about a lot in my post-college life. Up til that point, everything had an end. Middle school, high school, college, so I knew what I was working towards. Since I started my career I've often thought, well shit, there really is no end now. It's just --- life. And thankfully I came to that realization early because when it comes to making decisions on whether or not to, for example (and probably the biggest one in my life) travel or spend money on a once in a lifetime event I know I'll enjoy, I more often than not take the financial hit and take part in the opportunity. But there are definitely times, fairly often, where I almost get frustrated with the idea that there is no tidy end to everything. It's wild to think about.

Anyway I know that wasn't the whole purpose of that piece but I just found it interesting that his speech there kind of mirrored a minor frustration/thought I've had often throughout my post college life.

I'm really excited to check out the other link you posted and more of his words. He sounds like someone I could learn an awful lot from.