Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSame. It's fascinating.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12706906&mesg_id=12707347
12707347, Same. It's fascinating.
Posted by initiationofplato, Fri Jan-23-15 01:00 PM
>I am with you on this theory, I mean it's the only one that
>can actually make sense.

For me as well.

>
>But holy hell does my head hurt thinking about this shit. I am
>not a man of faith, I am a realist through and through and I
>need answers and explanations for everything, I take no leaps
>of faith. So this entire "universe" conversation and how the
>world(s) came to be drives me insane and makes me
>uncomfortable. It's infinitely frustrating for me. I wish it
>weren't.

I think it's just part of the fun. I think about it daily and sometimes I am left with a dumbfounded expression/sensation and at times filled with pure exhilaration of experiencing something profound and yet simple enough for a child to understand.

Sometimes we are awake, and sometimes we are asleep. When we are asleep, a lot of time passes that we have no perception or experience of. When you fall asleep, you wake up almost immediately, and all that time passed without you needing to count the minutes. It's like it didn't even happen. So, is time actually real if you do not have any perception of it while asleep? The Zen idea of life and death is similar, when you die, you fall asleep, and a lot of time passes, and finally, you wake up again, which is to be born again. You have no perception or experience of the time you are dead just as you have no perception or experience of when you are asleep.

If you pay attention everything in the universe works in ON and OFF. A sine wave cannot be a wave without a peak or the trough. If you walk up a mountain, are you walking up the mountain or is the mountain lifting you? When you are driving in a car, is the car pushing you forward, or pulling you? The answer is that both are occurring at the same time. You cannot be awake without sleep. You cannot be alive without death. Being and Not Being, Existence, and Non-Existence, Beginning and End, these are realities which are inseparable and coalesce to create a single state of NOW. The state you are in right now. You are both dead and alive, both asleep and awake at the same time, without time.