Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthere's a lot we don't know. admittedly, including info that might
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12704803&mesg_id=12705453
12705453, there's a lot we don't know. admittedly, including info that might
Posted by poetx, Thu Jan-22-15 10:47 AM
be mitigating for the cop (not that he needs it, the law is stacked in his favor from jump).

>If his intentions were to kill from the get go, as it seems
>you and some others are suggesting, then he had plenty of
>opportunity before he actually did shoot.

he knows the victim (or perp as he would have seen him). what WE don't know is what happened in this guy's life AFTER he did the bid for shooting at a cop as a juvenile, as was reported. did he try to get it together, and couldn't escape the gravity of that life. was he someone known on the streets in 2015 as a problem who would have no issues dumping on a cop or anyone else? that's unknown.

if dude was still seen as a threat in the streets (by his peers, not by cops, who have their own motivations) then i can buy that the cop was legit scared.

however, if this is some dude who had a rep since childhood, still might hang w/ the 'wrong' cats, but who really ain't been about that life for over a decade, but the cops knew him and resented him being on the streets and targeted him for stops... that raises a lot of questions.

>He was yelling out the code word "HE'S REACHING...HE'S
>REACHING!!"
>
>At that point, he could have just shot him and probably could
>have gotten away with it.

they yell that shit a couple times to make sure its on tape. the cop had already escalated the situation.

>But he doesn't. He shows some restraint and keeps issuing
>commands.

good point. i don't know that i'd call it restraint, but he didn't fire right away. he COULD have just been so focused on dude doing EXACTLY what he wanted to do that he gave absolutely no thought that the guy in the car felt unsafe and trapped in there.

keep in mind, this ain't happening in a vacuum. the cop in colo shot TWO separate dudes and lit them up in their car. that's been all over the news and youtube.

being in a car, in the dark and the dashcam got no angle on you, and an aggy cop w/ a gun in your face, JUST pulled a piece out the glove compartment, and you prolly know they want to take you out, anyway... the guy had plenty of life or death reasons to not trust the cop and to want to demonstrate that he was not a threat.

>It's only when dude tries to get out of the car against the
>cops orders when things turn tragic.
>The cop is actually fighting him trying to keep the door
>closed. And when he makes it out, he shoots him.

its a bad situation.

and i was not feeling too charitable toward cops last night.

i can see a situation in which the cop was legitimately scared. but if you scared, don't stop people for bullshit (rolling through a stop sign) at night time. they could have called for and waited for backup before approaching.

and used the loudspeaker to tell the dudes to put their empty hands out of the car.

the way that cop handled it almost guaranteed that someone was getting shot.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad