Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhats the percentage of black folks in your town or city?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12704658&mesg_id=12704658
12704658, Whats the percentage of black folks in your town or city?
Posted by Madvillain 626, Wed Jan-21-15 04:09 PM
I live in Altadena, California. As of the 2010 census, it is 24% BLACK. Feels good, man. I can walk down to the black owned barbershop and get some coffee and muffins. I can go to the shop next door that sells nothing but African clothes, masks and goods, owned by the Nigerian homie. Can walk 2 blocks to the barbershop and talk to the big homie about the state of the black community.

All the white people here are either on that country "i don't wanna live in the big city but i know san bernadino is a shithole" or mad hippie-ish. Right next to the black owned bakery is a vegan organic shop that got that soup, kava, tea, 5-htp, kombucha, alladat. You'll see blacks in there CHILLIN

Only time I've dealt with Altadena cops is when me and my white homie were smoking a joint in the middle of the street at 2 am and a cop rolled up and told us to "take that shit to the sidewalk".

How about you? Only black on your block? You live in ATL? Your city being gentrified around you?