Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectit's all relative
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12703814&mesg_id=12704381
12704381, it's all relative
Posted by howisya, Wed Jan-21-15 02:02 PM
to taste obviously but also to attitude. if you aren't expecting to be wowed, just open to the possibility, it's fun. most festivals are designed so that you can walk to different tents and stages with live music on at the same time so you can pick what you want to hear. actually the best designed ones i've seen didn't give the choice, there were 2 stages and alternating so that there was minimum downtime between performers, but that's because the lineups were so right for me. i've gone to other festivals where there were scheduling conflicts and i wanted to see more than one performance going on at the same time, which sucks because i paid to see both but have to sacrifice one, and then there are parts of the day where there isn't anything i must see. it's one reason i don't go to festivals like i used to. the lineups are less to my taste than they were in the '90s and early '00s, but the main performers i want to see are pitted against each other on the schedule at different stages.