Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectso why get caught up in the semantics?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12702836&mesg_id=12704003
12704003, so why get caught up in the semantics?
Posted by imcvspl, Wed Jan-21-15 10:40 AM
>being a "equal" to parents.

i explicitly said the nanny will never be the parent.

>Whether they spend more time with your kids or your children
>have a special relationship with a nanny and choose to confide
>in the nanny, none of that means or even suggests that that
>makes them a parenting equal.

but it does suggest they have a very deep relationship with the children which is bonding and as the parent you have to respect and trust in that. they play an important role in the raising of the child which offsets the parents relationship. as such they have to be regarded with some value.

>You didn't answer the question about whether a nanny decides
>to circumcise a child or what their religion will be because
>the answer is obviously "no".

The answer is no because those aren't the things you hire a nanny for.

>Those are decisions for parents
>only because whether you like it or not, the buck does stop
>with the parents.

*sigh*

>If your kid grows up to be a creep you can't say "well, it's
>my nanny's fault. she made some bad decisions on how to raise
>them".

But it can be your fault for not recognizing the role the nanny was playing in the child's life and having open and honest communications with them about the raising of the child, not just the do as I say type but a back and forth based on what is occuring in the child's life, something which the nanny may have more perspective on than the parent.

>No. It's on you and all the important decision making that the
>relates to your child can't be outsourced to a nanny.

Raising a child isn't just about the 'important' decisions like will they be circumcised. It's the day to day shit which the nanny is experiencing first hand and you are not.

>You can try to dismiss it as that just being my opinion but I
>will ask the question again you didn't answer, does your wife
>consider y'all nanny to be her parenting equal?

No but my wife recognizes the nanny's expertise in child rearing, daily experiences with the child and as such has put the trust in the nanny to make decisions based on our values with an open line of communication so that we all can adjust for the betterment of the children. It's a two way street, not our way or the highway. That's why the choice of who that nanny is and building a bond with them is so important.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."