Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'm just saying it should be prepared for not accepted as norm
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12702836&mesg_id=12703007
12703007, I'm just saying it should be prepared for not accepted as norm
Posted by imcvspl, Tue Jan-20-15 11:52 AM
The way you presented it was like it's always going to be there and I say it doesn't have to be.

>The nanny will do things that the mother will want to see
>done differently.

Without specifics there's a line here and it boils down to what's effective. Sometimes the parent will know, sometimes its the nanny. There has to be that acceptance. It can't be a my way or the highway on either part. That said there are many choices where the affects aren't apparent for a long time. the ones that the parent feels strongly about, they have the right to ensure the nanny can follow, but they should also be open to hearing the nanny say this isn't working out and not thinking it's just the nanny doing it wrong. If its a good nanny they probably have more experience than the parent in that regard and should be cherished for what they bring to the table.

>If there are good lines of communications
>then of course they can communicate the differences will out
>turning into a big thing but the difference will create some
>tension.

Good lines of communication squash any tension pretty quick because it can be discussed and dealt with.

>Tension isn't the worst thing in the world.

Unresolved tension breeds contempt. Even more kids are far more aware of the tension between adults than the adults themselves.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."