Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Second Coming indeed. My thoughts:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12702590&mesg_id=12721521
12721521, RE: Second Coming indeed. My thoughts:
Posted by tynie626, Sun Feb-08-15 12:51 PM
Prayer sounded so dope live, so many people who said they skip that song on the album now, should have a wholly new appreciation for the live version. On the other hand, one of my album favorites, 1000 Deaths, came across muddy. Not sure if it was just where my seat was (right orchestra, row b), or what, but i struggled to hear the lyrics on that song.

Highlights was the illustrious One Mo Gin. I never got to hear that song live during the Voodoo tour, and as one of my favorite songs from that album, I screamed so loud when they started playing it. As always, the closer Untitled, leaving D onstage alone on keys was gorgeous. Till It's Done also sounded muddy to me, but I didn't care because I was too busy dancing. The Brown Sugar jam session was so necessary! Unfortunate that the folks in my seat refused to get up or clap their hands -- so lame. They were bringing the energy down near me.

Aside from that, a happy, smiling D'Angelo is always what I want to see at his shows. He was energetic, upbeat, and confident. Didn't even feel like 15 years had passed.