Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectquestions (sentences with ? at the end) from above
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12698087&mesg_id=12699555
12699555, questions (sentences with ? at the end) from above
Posted by imcvspl, Thu Jan-15-15 10:48 AM
"imagine you and i are in the same economic class, we're both black and yet our values don't line up, how does the economic power translate into political power? how is it even possible that our values don't line up when we're of the same skin and of the same economic class? what could possibly have drawn this value divide between the two of us?"

"Oh wow so you're saying that the whole economic system marginalizes our political clout, which would mean that buying into the economic system would raise our political clout? Interesting, because seemingly our trillion dollar economic clout would be able to do that except, it's not just about amassing that economic clout it's how we use it. So somewhere between the amassing of that economic clout and the using it toward political ends we get caught up in the beauty shop. Which would be based on the value base acquired during the amassing of said economic clout which is actually tied closer to that which oppresses us. Hmmmm and so the solution to dealing with that is...?"

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."