Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectOne of my cousins just had his toes amputated
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12698061&mesg_id=12699076
12699076, One of my cousins just had his toes amputated
Posted by Garhart Poppwell, Wed Jan-14-15 05:12 PM
because of diabetes. He was doing everything he was supposed to do, and lost a lot of weight. But he got a foot injury and it ended up costing him his toes on one foot.
I just found out that they had to take his leg up to the knee last week. He's the same age as me, and has two kids. He's the kind of guy that's family first, and has never been in serious trouble outside of neighborhood hijinks.
The thing is I didn't feel any sort of pity for him or anything, but for all the right reasons. He's a hard worker and a great man, and he does everything with a positive attitude and doesn't know how to give up. He'll be fine, and I know it.

As far as me, I just got promoted at the job. More job security and better benefits, with a better working situation. I'm used to not being appreciated on my job, but at the same time I love having the sort of work that a) affords me to indulge in my real passions and b) makes it easy for me to leave work at work.
I'm also leaning more towards leaving younger women alone altogether. Richmond and surrounding areas doesn't really afford much in the way of younger women (25-3o) that have their heads on straight enough to end up being anything else but a bother. Last year I dated a few older women (youngest one was 45) and it works well for me. I don't really trip on body type as much as I do personality, so I appreciate all sorts of shapes and it pays in spades. Not looking for anything serious right now, and that's okay by me even though I do eventually want to marry and have kids.

Oh, and I feel really good right now.