Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectA friend of mine just had a schizophrenic episode.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12698061&mesg_id=12698410
12698410, A friend of mine just had a schizophrenic episode.
Posted by Hitokiri, Wed Jan-14-15 11:50 AM
He had one about 10 years ago. It was really bad. He was hospitalized for like 3 months.

I'm not quite sure how long he's been in the hospital this time. Not nearly as long. Maybe a few days. Maybe a week. Not more than two.

I feel terrible because I saw it happening. It was on his social media. On new years day he posted 20+ videos. I watched 2 and said the the lady... I hope he's not having another episode. But I didn't tell the people I should have told. Luckily someone noticed and got him to where he needed to be. Timing couldn't be worse for him... this is a huge week for him.

A few months ago I was really thinking about how we as communities of color don't adequately address our mental health. A friend was telling me how he had to have a homie that had been staying with him for a few months taken to the psych ward. I know him too. He's the little brother a friend. Older brother either in denial, or maybe just not wanting to accept what was going on went and pulled him out of the hospital. Said he didn't need to be there. The way I heard the story -- he did.