Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI have a career question.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12697779&mesg_id=12697779
12697779, I have a career question.
Posted by MizClayton, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM
JOB 1: So basically, I just got this new job as a Product Manager for a small software development company. I love it so far. It's work from home. So far it's really intense as far as work load, but I'm loving the challenge and learning a lot of new things. It's not paying me what I was making with my last freelance job. It's paying HALF. But I see long term potential, and it's leading me in the right direction career wise. I see myself making at least 100K+ next year once I get my certification, leverage my network, and get some consistency going with what I'm learning as a Product Manager. I love what I'm doing.

JOB 2: I got a call from an job placement agency who wants to submit my resume for Tech Project Manager role with NBA.com. I'll be working on their mobile app. It's paying me double what I'm making now. BUT, 1. Ultimately I'm trying to get into Product Management, and get away from project management 2. It's contract. I've been in so many contract job situation over the past 6 years. They usually never go perm, and I end up stressing about finding another job. 3. Apart of me is tired of going from job to job. I've been doing freelance work at home like all summer and had a part-time digital marketing job at this art gallery...I'm just tired of the inconsistency I've been experiencing lately.

WOULD YOU STAY AT JOB ONE, OR PERSUE JOB TWO THAT PAYS DOUBLE BUT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE ON SOME BULLSHIT?

Poll question: I have a career question.

Poll result (19 votes)
Stay at JOB 1 (17 votes)Vote
Pursue JOB 2 (2 votes)Vote