Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWestboro Baptist Church and the KKK haven't been subject to massacre.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12697469&mesg_id=12698024
12698024, Westboro Baptist Church and the KKK haven't been subject to massacre.
Posted by TheAlbionist, Wed Jan-14-15 05:53 AM
It's absolutely fine to say you disagree with Charlie Hebdo just as it's absolutely fine to say you disagree with the KKK, Westboro, me or Barack Obama.

That's Freedom of Speech. The Freedom to say what the fuck you want and the freedom for anyone that hears to rip you to shreds.

Reacting with weaponry is not part of this arrangement.

I think a lot of the "#JeSuisCharlie" momentum comes from the fact that most of us foreigners have no idea what Charlie Hebdo really stands for. Obviously it'd be harder for us to defend something most people knew they disagreed with... but that doesn't mean that, in principal, we probably shouldn't.

The biggest man in this entire story is the Muslim cop who laid his life down to defend a publication that mocked his religion. There's a man that believed in Western values.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."