Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSmall joys are great
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12697149&mesg_id=12868332
12868332, Small joys are great
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Jul-31-15 09:00 AM
edit: i thought yesterday's reply didn't post so forgive the repetition.

In fact the only thing I don't like about big joys (falling in love, big professional project, etc) is that it sucks the pleasures out of the small joys, which are important.

1) The swish of a shot going straight through the net, whether nylon or metal. I love it so much that I will go out and shoot 50 foul shots even though I haven't played an organized game with free throws in eight years or so. I even go shoot on pop-a-shot machines to hear it 100 times. There is nothing like it, except when the swish wins you a game.

2) That first puff of the day. You'll never get a warmer feeling from any of the subsequent puffs. I don't like to take a monster rip but nothing small either. A long drag off a J or a decent-sized dab to get me open. It's better to wait until the night time after all my shit is done, that makes it feel juuuuuuust right.

3) A hot ass shower after a long day of work, fucking, hoops or some combination thereof. I also take hot showers to think, like if I am writing a story and the organization isn't flowing, I take a hot shower and do an outline in my head in those 10 or 15 minutes. I was thinking the other day that if I had the choice between a 2000-sq-ft home with cold ass showers or a 1000-sq-ft home with a luxurious, hot shower, I'd live in the smaller place. Seriously.