Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDo you tell the person who hurt you just how badly they did?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12697056&mesg_id=12697056
12697056, Do you tell the person who hurt you just how badly they did?
Posted by nayaa, Tue Jan-13-15 12:47 PM
My boy is in the process of writing a long & excruciating email to his girl of 5 years who cheated on him and left him for the next dude.

She changed her number and won’t respond to his calls. Mad, mad, mad foul shit. And he’s hurting a lot. I feel bad for the dude.

My general feeling is that if you’ve hurt/left/whatever, you’re dead to me and don’t need any more access to my feelings/mind/thoughts/whatever. So I was trying to talk dude out of sending the e-mail, which in painful detail chronicled just how “badly she shattered {him}.”

When I asked him why he’d do that and give her that satisfaction, he said “she needs to know exactly what she did to me. This isn’t about pride, it’s about knowing the consequences of your actions.”

I was like hmm.

I can kinda sorta see it. Maybe I’m too prideful in situations like that cuz I take my ball home and you’ll never see me again. Then I wondered if that let’s the offender off easy? No messiness to deal with? No guilt? I just sort of figured they should know and no need to hit ‘em with a slew of “I can’t believe you did this to me”.

What do you do?