Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectFAMU band hazer got 77 months, too lenient or too harsh?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12695091
12695091, FAMU band hazer got 77 months, too lenient or too harsh?
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=12142923

Poll question: FAMU band hazer got 77 months, too lenient or too harsh?

Poll result (10 votes)
too lenient (5 votes)Vote
too harsh (3 votes)Vote
Just right (2 votes)Vote

12695097, he got the juice now
Posted by thegodcam, Sat Jan-10-15 12:44 PM
12695132, this legit has me very upset
Posted by sixteenstone, Sat Jan-10-15 01:32 PM
there is no fucking reason in this world to carry on the tradition of hazing. Anyone with a brain should be able to rationalize this.
It's an evil purging that takes people's insecurities out on others. You have to beat me to death to be a part of something.
In what world does that EVER make sense? This is just so upsetting. Such a waste of life on all parts. Rest in peace to Robert.
12695135, can we PLEASE stop this bullshit?.. *quote*
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sat Jan-10-15 01:40 PM
>Martin, who was shaking at times throughout the hearing, also addressed Champion's >parents before the sentence was announced. He expressed remorse for his actions.
>
>"This is something I will live with for the rest of my life," Martin said.

you mean the life that you STILL get to live, unlike the person you killed?

this might be the single most egregious thing to say to the family of the person you murdered.

can someone please get a memo out so that we never have to hear that shit again?

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...

*STU*
12695149, yeah that got under my skin
Posted by sixteenstone, Sat Jan-10-15 02:21 PM
12695168, it's factual though
Posted by atruhead, Sat Jan-10-15 02:52 PM
I grew up with someone who's doing life for murder, I've done reprehensible things (within the confines of the law) that it took a long time to forgive myself for

I can imagine causing someone's death doesnt leave you easily, not that it would fix things in the eyes of Robert Champion's parents
12695176, you're missin' the point...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sat Jan-10-15 03:07 PM
..let's not pretend that the family of the victim would gladly relieve him of that lifetime of guilt if they could swap his life for the victim's.

this wasn't an accident. this was willful neglect and disregard for another human life. another young man that trusted him to value their life as much as his own, in the name of brotherhood. unfortunately, he didn't.

i sincerely hope this young man matures and does his best to improve his life and others, but fuck his guilt and anyone else like him that feels that way.

*STU*
12695198, should he not have a conscience after the fact?
Posted by atruhead, Sat Jan-10-15 04:01 PM
I broke at least one woman's heart and wasnt too kind to a few others, but I was (overly) apologetic about it to everyone that I could be.

I get that expressing himself wont bring dude back, but I dont think he's looking to be relieved of guilt so much as genuinely showing remorse

I dont think anyone in the band was intent on committing murder (for me it boils down to this), they exhibited atrocious behavior and it resulted in the worst possible outcome. it would be far worse if he continued to act callous about it, that would make him a sociopath.

but maybe you're suggesting he just say nothing and do his time behind bars
12695309, good points...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sat Jan-10-15 09:59 PM
..you're right about the ability & opportunity to express remorse.

I just wish someone would come up with a better standard message to delivery. to suggest that you'll have to live with something for the rest of your life is a bit of a slap in the face, considering the fact that they took a life.

*STU*
12695205, he shouldn't express remorse?
Posted by SoWhat, Sat Jan-10-15 04:13 PM
12695221, it's true, tho. the alternative is for him to die too
Posted by lazyboi, Sat Jan-10-15 04:43 PM

"If you wanna help us, fine. Sit down with your kids and make 'em study at night...otherwise, shoot THIS mothaf*cka!" (c) Morgan Freeman,
12695170, 6 years and 5 months is too lenient
Posted by atruhead, Sat Jan-10-15 02:52 PM
12695186, so many low self esteemed bully/bullied bums
Posted by Crash Bandacoot, Sat Jan-10-15 03:46 PM
>