Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectwho the fuck thought he was going to be a black leader?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12694717&mesg_id=12695087
12695087, who the fuck thought he was going to be a black leader?
Posted by MiracleRic, Sat Jan-10-15 12:34 PM
and as much of a problem as I have with "new black" and "respectability" lines of thought...

i don't always assume that the people thinking like that aren't aware of the systemic racism as an institution...

they want us to do better and be better and avoid that institution until things improve

while the kneejerkers are like "NO!!! THEY DID TO US!!! THEY HAVE TO FIX IT!"

and if they did...it would be a huge deal...maybe

cause maybe they'd enforce more petty crimes in orgs or blue collars just so they can racially equalize the prison industrial complex to the burbs and good neighborhoods

people are so resistant to change though...when you belong to a group...it's sometimes ok to think "we need to do better" without thinking about the way the system is rigged

it's a very churchy way of thinking too...

you don't question God (or authority), u build up your congregation...

i don't agree with that but i don't see the harm in trying to balance the 2 and if you haven't done the research or don't have the expertise to challenge or influence "authority" go ahead and focus on whatever else u do feel capable of addressing or are familiar with

I think it's hilarious how people talk about how she speaks her mind...just bc they agree with her Freshman Black Studies class rants...

I hate when conservative rednecks speak their mind

I can't really think of an artist as genuine as KL and even though she annoys me A Banks either...but i know which one is an asshole in their approach

Q-tip tried a nicer approach and people called it "condescending/patronizing"...she's trying it with unhinged attacks with minimal facts and maximum emotion...

nobody is willing to make the first change