Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectPeople Are Angry About Kendrick Lamar's Ferguson Comments (link)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12694717&mesg_id=12694717
12694717, People Are Angry About Kendrick Lamar's Ferguson Comments (link)
Posted by Nick Has a Problem...Seriously, Fri Jan-09-15 05:19 PM
After his interview with Billboard that can be read following the link below, Azealia Banks had a few words for K Dot

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6436268/kendrick-lamar-billboard-cover-story-on-new-album-iggy-azalea-police-violence-the-rapture

AZEALIA BANKS ✔ @AZEALIABANKS
Follow
"When we don't respect ourselves how can we expect them to respect us" dumbest shit I've ever heard a black man say.
3:07 PM - 9 Jan 2015

Follow
Lol do you know about the generational effects of poverty, racism and discrimination?
3:07 PM - 9 Jan 2015

Follow
There are things in society that benefit a select few of us. fine.... But don't put down the rest by saying they don't respect themselves
3:10 PM - 9 Jan 2015

Follow
HOW DARE YOU open ur face to a white publication and tell them that we don't respect ourselves.... Speak for your fucking self.
3:15 PM - 9 Jan 2015

Follow
I really pray for the minds of the urban youth, I really do because I was once on the side of feeling like I wasn't owed anything...
3:30 PM - 9 Jan 2015

Follow
Once on the side of feeling like black people ain't shit because that's what America and my social studies textbooks taught me
3:31 PM - 9 Jan 2015

Follow
Becoming an adult and doing my own research has REALLY opened up my fucking eyes, and I get upset to know that.....
3:31 PM - 9 Jan 2015

Follow
There are still young black kids in our public schools being indoctrinated with the same shit they pumped into my head.
3:32 PM - 9 Jan 2015

Follow
And fuck all this shit about erasing racial barriers and getting along... Why does white America think blacks even wanna be here?!
3:34 PM - 9 Jan 2015

Follow
I really just want my fucking reparations, and want you guys to stop killing my sons and telling my daughters they're ugly.
3:35 PM - 9 Jan 2015

Follow
You can hate me and call my nigger all you want, because chances are I probably think you are a cracker too.
3:36 PM - 9 Jan 2015

Ahmed/Red Cafe Fan @big_business_
Follow
Give Kendrick an oscar, made everybody think he's a future pro black leader but he's really the black misinformed version of ned flanders
2:16 PM - 9 Jan 2015

Art Vandelay ✔ @YCtheCynic
Follow
Wanna know what Young Thug and Kendrick Lamar have in common? Neither is the spokesperson for the movement.
1:26 PM - 9 Jan 2015

http://www.complex.com/music/2015/01/kendrick-lamar-ferguson-comments-reaction