Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHarvard professor suggest parents play Tantrum Game
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12694165
12694165, Harvard professor suggest parents play Tantrum Game
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jan-09-15 11:07 AM
No swipe or links....

My wife was flipping through channels and stopped on Dr. Phil (I know, I know...lol) They showed a woman who started a blog talking about how she hates her oldest kid who is medicated like crazy and attacks her other kids.

Anyway..

This guy from Harvard said they should try to play the "Tantrum Game" and introduce positive reinforcement when the child does it correctly.

Is there such a thing as a Tantrum Game? How the hell do you play that game correctly?

I know Dr. Phil isn't a real doctor and I bet that dude went to Harvard Devry but still, he was on TV giving some crazy advice. LOL...
12694181, without knowing what any of this actually means...
Posted by gumz, Fri Jan-09-15 11:18 AM
i'm picturing parents throwing tantrums to get their kids to do what they want...which would be hilarious.
12694232, he did a horrible job explaining it...
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jan-09-15 11:45 AM
but he said "make sure your positive reinforcement is genuine.."

it was implied that the adult would encourage the kid to throw a tantrum.

the mother said "I'm willing to do anything to save me babies" but she had a look like "WTF is this dude talking about?"

Dr. Phil didn't touch it. LOL
12694184, you know it'd actually could make a great mobile game
Posted by imcvspl, Fri Jan-09-15 11:20 AM
hmmmmmm....

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."
12694243, Black folks' tantrum game = "You better hush up and fix your face..."
Posted by 8-bit, Fri Jan-09-15 11:51 AM
"...or mom/pop is about to SHOW YOU what a tantrum *really* is."

At least that's the OG version. Don't know about these new folks and how they get down.