Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti don't believe that a belief system automatically garners taboo status.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12693240&mesg_id=12694427
12694427, i don't believe that a belief system automatically garners taboo status.
Posted by SoWhat, Fri Jan-09-15 02:13 PM
i believe that considering the position of Muslims in Europe that the right thing for Charlie to do would've been to ease up on going at Islam in the magazine so as to avoid compounding the oppression on Muslims in Europe. kinda like the way most media here in the USA avoids using 'nigger' as a pejorative or even in jest. they use other slurs but choose not to use that one.

the 'why?' is the heart of my point. why does media here censor itself when it comes to 'nigger'? why do well-meaning white ppl censor themselves when it comes to 'nigger'? and other slurs too like 'faggot' and 'kike' and 'cunt'...

why?

^ IMO European Muslims deserve the same consideration when it comes to depictions of the Prophet and possibly w/other issues too. but i'm talking specifically about the cartoon thing.