Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectP just gives the nutshell answer
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12693200&mesg_id=12694713
12694713, P just gives the nutshell answer
Posted by murderbear, Fri Jan-09-15 05:13 PM
which is: Keep grinding, quit bitching.

to speak directly to what you are asking though, you need examples.

like, if you are a young black male that is exposed to violence, a shoddy educational system, and racism at every turn, each problem must be met with a solution.

Cats in the hood escaped violence by staying in the house, for instance, and not running with the knucklehead crowd. The bad schooling is overcome by determination and a refusal to settle, a hunger that results in researching various opportunity to enrich your educational experience. The racism, well, I think you get the idea of what im saying, the gist is accepting an unfortunate situation and making the best out of it until you can overcome it.

it requires determination, discipline, focus, and a fair sprinkling of luck, that's why so few can stick to it.

the secret to weight loss is to eat healthy foods in smaller portions and work out more. simple. so why are so many people fat. cuz its NOT that simple.

i like the overall sentiment, but i think hes doing a disservice by wrapping it in this New Black packaging because you are segregating yourself from whatever you think the Old Black is, when in fact we should be helping each other along