Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectFind your youth again.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12691680&mesg_id=12691830
12691830, Find your youth again.
Posted by initiationofplato, Wed Jan-07-15 10:11 AM
I always burdened myself with other people's problems. They are all close to me, but nonetheless I would take them on and carry them around with me everywhere I went. It took a toll on my physical and mental health and I felt myself cracking under pressure and developing a bad temper, resentment, and guilt. This made things worse. My health took a nose dive. I recall reading an article about the effects of stress on the body and I never really knew how powerful it could be until I experienced it first hand. Deciding to rid myself of the ailments which plagued me I created a personal mantra along the lines of: I will not take on anybody's problems except my own, everyone must be responsible for themselves.

It was somewhat miraculous as I instantly felt a great weight lifted off my shoulders. I let go of everything that I was holding on to and I can feel the vibrancy of youth again. Waking up is now a great thing as opposed to a horrible reality I dreaded. Everything I ever dreamed of is on pace to completion and accomplishment. Every little step counts, so if there is something you really want, start now. You will surprise yourself with how much you can accomplish with tiny increments of effort.

Side note. If you feels sluggish, low on energy, and generally despondent, start taking a super multi vitamin and drinking a lot of water. I am convinced many of us are malnourished and do not get everything we need, which causes a lot of problems. I feel like I have a new body with a new disposition.