Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectTrying To Get My African Co-Workers To Understand...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12691669&mesg_id=12691669
12691669, Trying To Get My African Co-Workers To Understand...
Posted by bibblegolf, Wed Jan-07-15 07:46 AM
....they don't have the same plight as us African-Americans.

This isn't a hate or bait post but something I feel the black folks here might want to discuss.

So at work I have a few African co-workers and I am the only African-American male there. In light of everything that's going on in the world up comes the topic of race relations and French is already one of their languages but I often find them saying "we this.." and "we that.."
The whole time I'm thinking to myself...dude has duel citizenship or can easily buy a one way ticket back home to Africa and go about his business.

I say this because it seems that many Africans that came/come to the U.S. and start businesses and thrive and prosper off the American economy then send money back home AFTER we as African-Americans were "freed" as slaves and began establishing our own way in this country from nothing.

I flat out want to ask them....

1) When your ancestors discovered that they sold or knew about my ancestors being taken from our indigenous land and put through continuous stages of hardship in America that they didn't come in swarms to come through and rescue us?

2) Why is it AFTER the fact that when we are "free" and establish a little for ourselves from nothing that like many other ethnic groups Africans came to the U.S...our plight here became theirs as well?

I'm hoping you all can see these as valid points and questions of discussion and both black and African can chime in and give me your take on the situation.