Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: you, like everyone else here, is trying to euphemize "just" w/"expected"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12691652&mesg_id=12693741
12693741, RE: you, like everyone else here, is trying to euphemize "just" w/"expected"
Posted by BlassFemur, Thu Jan-08-15 04:01 PM
>it's not fair but they should have seen it coming is not a
>far cry from "they had it coming."
>

Okay, that's fine with me. You can interpret it anyway you like. It does not change my view of the situation. If they were hell-bent on running that comic, even after being threatened, then yeah they should have seen that shit coming and I believe the owner did indeed say he knew there was a risk. That still does not mean they DESERVED TO DIE. It's saying the knowingly put themselves in harms way and probably should have taken the threat more seriously. Like I said earlier...that's their bad. They were reckless and got themselves killed in the process.

>if it was a group you more sympathetic toward, you'd see it
>differently. people's biases are just out of hand in this
>thread.

I'm sure you're even qualified to make a statement about what I would or wouldn't do.

Again, it does not matter if you believe in freedom of speech. The person pointing that gun at you may not. And at that point it really doesn't matter what the law says or how you WISH everyone else respected your right to it. We've all seen people take an L for exercising their free speech. This is nothing new.