Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNo I agree with you.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12691652&mesg_id=12692632
12692632, No I agree with you.
Posted by AFKAP_of_Darkness, Wed Jan-07-15 04:51 PM
Personally, I'm outraged the way racist expression gets silenced in society these days... How social media goes on these crusades to get people fired over some shit they said on their own time. But of course, freedom of speech does not include immunity from the consequences of your speech.

I'm cool with the KKK being able to say their shit... I respect Charlie's right to say their shit too.

But again: I don't get the point of it. Especially when they know they're dealing with a cohort that is really 'bout that life. If they willfully elected to take on that challenge, then I guess my hat's off to them.

To me it's like... I don't think the cops have the right to execute me randomly on the street. But personally, I'm not gonna go out of my way to provoke the cops either because I know how they do.

Someone else wants to be that martyr to prove a point... I commend you. Wouldn't be me, though.

Call me a coward if you wish, but when I choose to put my life on the line it will hopefully be for something more significant (to me, at least. I guess they felt drawing pics of Mohammed being sodomized was worthwhile. I think it's dumb and needlessly disrespectful and aggressive toward the Muslim community)