Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectoh hell no.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12691652&mesg_id=12692625
12692625, oh hell no.
Posted by SoWhat, Wed Jan-07-15 04:48 PM
> A French man should have the right to be
>who he is on his own soil without consequence.

w/o consequence from the government, maybe.

but they aren't free from consequence from private citizens.

I think
>emigrating Muslims should study and embrace the customs of the
>countries they are emigrating to, instead of expecting the
>laws to change based on their religion, or ultimately turning
>to extremism when they do not.

most Muslims don't turn to extremism when they have cultural conflict. they typically voice their concern in other venues - including in court.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/01/world/europe/france-burqa-ban/

>I would never go into your house and rearrange the furniture,
>or take pictures off your walls because they do not correspond
>with my views/faith, so why should the French?

if i allow you move in to my house so that it's OUR house and not just mine, i wouldn't poke and prod and ridicule you and make your life in our home miserable. and if i did you'd have some recourse against me w/the government. you could call the police, for instance. but if you're in a situation where the police won't respond to you or where the police join me in picking and prodding at you...what's left for you? i mean, it's clear i'm trying to force you out of our house b/c i don't want you there though i invited you or allowed you to move in. i clearly want you out and am using passive aggression to get it done b/c i'm that much of an asshole. i don't think my action is really defensible. and if you were to jump me one day in our house that i've made a living hell for you through my passive and assertive aggression...what's left for you? you shouldn't get violent w/me but if you do? i mean.... you ain't right but i'm not exactly blameless. i would be well-advised to consider the role i played in creating the situation.