Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDo you have any of apparel from your favorite sports team?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12691474
12691474, Do you have any of apparel from your favorite sports team?
Posted by Starks dunked on Bulls, Tue Jan-06-15 08:03 PM
I was at the NBA store trying on apparel today. I tried on the Knicks apparel and looked in the mirror and I just couldn't do it. Fashion-wise, I don't like how Knicks garments look plus I'm disappointed with them. I know they'll always do things to infuriate me to the point that the item would be deep in my back closet.

I bought rivals team apparel, if anyone ask I'll tell them I'm a Knicks fan though. Also, I can't believe they were selling a Shumpert jersey and it wasn't lit up with half-off tags.

Anyway, can I still call myself a true Knick fan if I don't have any apparel from them?
12691482, FC Barçelona...
Posted by Hitokiri, Tue Jan-06-15 08:18 PM
I've got:

5 jerseys (4 players, 1 warm up).
2 scarves
1 beanie

There's a couple sweatshirt that I really want(ed) too but them shits is too expensive.

The problem with soccer, though, is that they have new jerseys and scarves every single year. And scarves are an "important" garment. If you watch games, more fans have scarves than anything else.
12691491, I don't follow footbol, but it sounds like their teams are loaded with loot
Posted by Starks dunked on Bulls, Tue Jan-06-15 08:37 PM
>I've got:
>
>5 jerseys (4 players, 1 warm up).
>2 scarves
>1 beanie
>
>There's a couple sweatshirt that I really want(ed) too but
>them shits is too expensive.
>
>The problem with soccer, though, is that they have new jerseys
>and scarves every single year. And scarves are an "important"
>garment. If you watch games, more fans have scarves than
>anything else.
>

12691484, Fighting Irish, Niners and Falcons (though not a huge fan)
Posted by bigkarma, Tue Jan-06-15 08:27 PM
I'm a huge Irish fan and I have a couple of caps, a hoodie and a letterman jacket.

I'm a Niners fan, as well and have sweatshirt and a Roger Craig jersey.

I'm not a big Falcons fan, but they are the home team and I go to the occasional game or tailgate, so I have some gear; two hoodies, a cap and a handful of t-shirts.
12691501, Auburn: A few t-shirts and a fitted
Posted by Laz aka Black Native, Tue Jan-06-15 08:49 PM
Tennessee Titans: Car magnet, hats, jersey, shirt, charger, head rest & seatbelt cover, cups from the games
12691519, I have a Sixers hat that I wear occasionally
Posted by Stevie Lee, Tue Jan-06-15 09:36 PM
and a bunch of Titans jerseys. I never wear the jerseys, though.
12691521, couple hats and a few tshirts...
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jan-06-15 09:43 PM
No jerseys
12691531, A mock New York Rangers jersey I bought in my youth co-op days.
Posted by Shaun Tha Don, Tue Jan-06-15 09:57 PM
12691542, of course, but i mostly only wear gear on game days/at sports events.
Posted by KiloMcG, Tue Jan-06-15 10:15 PM
except my skins hoodie, which is part of my lounge in the house wear on a daily basis.
12691588, i own a bunch of different baseball hats
Posted by falafel stand pimpin, Tue Jan-06-15 11:07 PM
its funny at the gym some old timer will be like "go indians" and i just nod

12691613, I got a Cunningham throwback jersey but only because it was free
Posted by exactopposite, Wed Jan-07-15 12:22 AM
otherwise I wouldn't. I only wear it on game day when I go to somebody else crib to watch the Eagles game
12691799, I have a STAT Jersey and I'm proud of it
Posted by ThaAnthology, Wed Jan-07-15 09:57 AM
I am used to the blue and orange because I'm also a Met fan.
I have Mets attire and Rangers attire as well. Only one I don't have is Giants gear. I had a St. Johns Jersey but lost that a few years back.

I will not wear rival anything eff them.
12691805, I got a melo tshirt but that about it. Oh i got a token brooklyn nets tee
Posted by Cenario, Wed Jan-07-15 10:00 AM
that i bought when they first came to town (although i didn't wear it for like 2 years lol) and a bunch of cheap knicks/nets they give away at playoff games. Bball gear is mostly wack nowadays tho.

Football sweaters/jackets are cool to wear on sundays/mondays or during a playoff run.
12691813, got Roger Staubach and Dez Bryant jerseys...
Posted by BigJazz, Wed Jan-07-15 10:03 AM
the Lakers had a bench warmer with my last name and I want that jersey. but i haven't been able to find it since he didn't play that long and he wasn't that good when he played...
12691824, I have a closet filled w/ sports gear (in a room painted orange & blue)
Posted by KosherSam, Wed Jan-07-15 10:06 AM
not all jerseys - most are just t-shirts and hoodies

but every year around the holidays, if people don't know what to get me, they'll get me a Mets shirt, or a Jets hoodie, or a Gators shirt.

Plus I still have a lot of the Gator apparel I bought in college, so I think after the most recent purge, I have about 15 Gator shirts (1 Jersey), 10 Mets shirts (1 Jersey), and 10 Jets shirts (1 Jersey). I also have 2-3 Syracuse shirts, an old US soccer jersey, and an Orlando Magic Rashard Lewis jersey.
12691902, with seats that I literally teared up in
Posted by BabySoulRebel, Wed Jan-07-15 10:45 AM
12691827, Nets Terry jersey :(
Posted by T Reynolds, Wed Jan-07-15 10:08 AM
Nets Brooklyn Dodger color sleeved Johnson #ayo

Nets Adidas zip-up warmup top

Giants Tuck jersey :(

Giants Pierre-Paul jersey

few T-Shirts from both teams

Some caps from both teams

12691835, i've got some Mitchell & Ness stuff. a Sixers windbreaker and an
Posted by Government Name, Wed Jan-07-15 10:14 AM
Eagles hoodie.
12691836, My alma mater's, the Red Wings and Pistons
Posted by guru0509, Wed Jan-07-15 10:16 AM
12691837, hats and jerseys to wear at the arena's
Posted by RobOne4, Wed Jan-07-15 10:17 AM
once in a while I'll wear a jersey at home. But only when my son wants me too.
12691854, a few Bengals jerseys, but I never wear them
Posted by MaxPtah, Wed Jan-07-15 10:23 AM
when we get into our new house in a few years and I have bigger studio space I'll frame a couple and put them next to my Reggie White Memphis Showboats jersey
12691889, 3 or 4 Skins Jerseys...a hat, a jacket....worn only on Sundays
Posted by RaphaelSoulLee, Wed Jan-07-15 10:40 AM
Might I add...and prolly THIS Sunday when I go to a Cowboy's fan's crib (just to be a tail bone :)) to keep the rivalry alive even though we suck.
12691896, Mets, Packers, Millonarios and mi seleccion Colombiana
Posted by BabySoulRebel, Wed Jan-07-15 10:42 AM
n/m
12691899, i'd love to own a Len Bias jersey
Posted by BigJazz, Wed Jan-07-15 10:43 AM
from the Terps, not the celtics...

I'm tryna be better off, not better than...
12691903, only STL Cardinals baseball caps and one Michigan Wolverines cap.
Posted by SoWhat, Wed Jan-07-15 10:45 AM
12691906, they're not your favorite sports team if you don't have at least something.
Posted by MrThomas43423, Wed Jan-07-15 10:47 AM

---------------------------------------
it's true what they say...people are strange, when you're strangers.

not compassionate....only polite.

I am not like you at all and i cannot pretend.
12691910, of course.
Posted by Binlahab, Wed Jan-07-15 10:48 AM
And a bunch of teams that aren't my fav

I'm a 90s dude

12691921, ^^^ NBA Jeans on deck
Posted by T Reynolds, Wed Jan-07-15 10:57 AM
12692802, LOL
Posted by Starks dunked on Bulls, Wed Jan-07-15 07:02 PM
>
12691923, Yes, tons, but the current climate for merchandise is discouraging
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Wed Jan-07-15 10:58 AM
With the NBA, Adidas's switch to these Rev30 cuts has been an overpriced, impractical bust. Unless you are very tall and lean, you can't find anything that fits in the authentics. In the past I was between an XL and 2XL, now I have to go up to 3XL and I am not any bigger, in fact I have lost a little weight.

I did get some Sixers blanks that I plan to do as Noel, Embiid and Carter-Williams. They were too cheap to pass on ($20 each from $200), but I doubt I will ever wear them. The last Sixers jersey I bought was an Iverson from his comeback, before Adidas switched the the Rev30 Cut and before they started making jerseys with sleeves (which is not a *new* concept, btw). I own about 75 different ones from years past and other manufacturers (Champion, Mitchell & Ness, etc), so I think I can weather this storm lol.

Nike's return to the NFL has also been disappointing. Is Ripon still making anyone's gamers? I saw one gamer and it didn't look like it. Football gamers are always tailored weird anyway. Their retail stuff is crap. I didn't expect because their college stuff had gotten really shitty. I still have some Ripon jerseys (with Reebok and Puma logos on them) and a number of M&Ns, including a few durene ones (Bednariks, Van Buren, McDonald).

I still think Majestic puts out a pretty good product for baseball, although I think double knits are nicer than Cool Base, which is too sensitive of a fabric. I have a handful of newer Phillies jerseys and then some old Rawlings, Russell and M&N also.

Hockey had consistently had the best retail authentics. Outside of some guys who might have cut their sleeves or otherwise made alterations, you were getting EXACTLY what the players wore on the ice. Reebok has screwed that up in recent years but they seem to be getting back to it slowly but surely. I have a ton of Flyers jerseys from CCM, Koho, Eagle, Reebok, Nike, etc. Easily my favorite sport to collect. The game-worn hobby is going down the shitter, but honestly I was never much for that anyway.
12691924, Ravens and Orioles - and a lot of it (mostly Ravens)
Posted by Overqualified, Wed Jan-07-15 10:59 AM
but I'm a pretty fashion conscious person, so I'm VERY particular about what I buy. I was ecstatic when Nike and New Era got the NFL contracts back because that Reebok stuff was horrid. I don't do the jersey thing, but I'm constantly on the lookout for exclusive pieces or things with some fashion sense.
12691939, A Falcons shirt, jersey & tiki. Braves tiki & hat.
Posted by CherNic, Wed Jan-07-15 11:06 AM
Duke shirt, tiki, golf towel (wtf), and 2 basketballs
12692111, Bears gear: 5 jerseys, like 6 hats, and about a dozen t-shirts
Posted by J_Sun, Wed Jan-07-15 12:50 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sometimes I contemplate moving to a warmer place, then the lake and skyline give me a warm embrace" © Common
12692179, Mainly snapbacks but I also have
Posted by wrecknoble, Wed Jan-07-15 01:20 PM
A Blue Jays jersey and windbreaker, a Leafs jersey, and a Raptors adidas zipup

Mostly wear those items to games or if I'm hitting a bar to watch playoffs. Not really part of my everyday attire.

Except the snapbacks in the summer BC they are just easy to rock.
12692198, Not since I was 14.
Posted by MiQL, Wed Jan-07-15 01:27 PM
12692202, My wife bought me a Jets Dri-fit shirt for Xmas
Posted by John Forte, Wed Jan-07-15 01:29 PM
it's the first piece of team apparel I've owned since a Starter cap in 1994
12692210, I do but I mostly rock teams that don't exist anymore
Posted by veritas, Wed Jan-07-15 01:32 PM
like the Whalers.

they can't have a shitty season anymore, so who gives a shit, and i like their colors and design.
12692790, Pucky the Whale, son!
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Wed Jan-07-15 06:56 PM
I like defunct teams too but most people are too dumb to recognize the old logos of teams that already exist. I wore a Robitaille Kings jersey from the 80s and someone asked me if they "Lakers night" at the Kings game. SMFH.

The Whalers logo that had a W with a harpoon through it had to the least politically correct logo ever that didn't involve an ethnic stereotype of some sort.

I used to rock the fuck out of a Philadelphia Blazers collection. I still have a couple jerseys around, a Parent, a Sanderson and a hat somewhere, too.
12692829, man i found a rack of Pucky the Whale patches for cheap
Posted by veritas, Wed Jan-07-15 07:23 PM
a while back and it's only a matter of time before they're affixed to basically everything I own.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-DETRIOT-RED-WINGS-WAR-BOND-PATCH-CLASSIC-COLLECTABLE-VERY-RARE-/390580585587

This is currently my favorite patch though. For a lot of reasons.

The old school bullseye style iconography by itself is great, but the notion that the Red Wings rocked a patch as a fundraiser for the World War 2 effort is so fascinating to me. Really stark contrast to the way we finance wars now.
12692240, Skins,Wizards, Nationals, and Beth-Cook
Posted by Inkosi, Wed Jan-07-15 01:45 PM
Got numerous skins apparel( a few jersey's, tshirts, hats, fleece's), a couple of wizards and nationals hats and team colored garments. Got a couple Beth-Cook hats, tshirts, a hoodie, and pullover.

I only wear the jersey's occasionally on game days at home, or if im going to the game. I wear my wizards and beth cook stuff as part of regular wear, though mainly the wizards stuff during basketball season.
12692255, My bases are covered.
Posted by ChiBrownSkinLady, Wed Jan-07-15 01:52 PM
I have a bunch of White Sox gear. Mostly t-shirts and hats. Same with the Bears, though I did buy a kids' Brandon Marshall jersey. It's the first jersey of any kind I've actually owned. I really want a Richard Dent one, tho. And I've got a couple Bulls t-shirts. When I was younger, I had more of all of these.

Collegiate? I've got a ton of Iowa stuff from when I was in school. Haven't really bought anything since. Also have a couple Crimson Tide shirts too. Felt bad for not rocking one on New Year's Day. That loss is my fault... lolsmh
12693178, damn you.
Posted by KiloMcG, Thu Jan-08-15 08:07 AM

>couple Crimson Tide shirts too. Felt bad for not rocking one
>on New Year's Day. That loss is my fault... lolsmh
12692783, NY Giants, Rangers and Yankees Gear
Posted by Soulroe, Wed Jan-07-15 06:52 PM
Mostly hats and T-shirts, including my Justin Tuck shirt (Sigh).

Going to get an OBJ shirt and more Rangers gear this year (Nash, Zuccarello).

12692796, Got an area for all my UF stuff in my closet.
Posted by kingjerm78, Wed Jan-07-15 07:01 PM
12692803, nike licensed college and nfl wear
Posted by tomjohn29, Wed Jan-07-15 07:02 PM
12692823, pacers: 2 jerseys, hoodie, snapbacks
Posted by LES, Wed Jan-07-15 07:20 PM
12692939, Melo jersey, Knicks tee, 4 Knicks hats
Posted by MistaGoodBar, Wed Jan-07-15 08:46 PM
got a few Rockets things, cuz I live here and I love them, but I'm a KNICKERBOCKER.
12692999, RE: Do you have any of apparel from your favorite sports team?
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Jan-07-15 09:38 PM
http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/store/covers_large/UC10480MTS-2-Full_Front.jpg?width=400&height=400&quality=100

I got the shirt in the link above some years ago. But for the most part, I agree with you in terms of rocking sports gear. I think it's mainly an age thing; I feel a bit silly rocking a jacket/coat for a sports team I like at this point in time.
12693162, Just ordered a John Wall Wiz jersey
Posted by OrangeMoon, Thu Jan-08-15 06:45 AM
I have a Caron Butler Wiz jersey and lots of Wizard shirts.

Also I rep my FAMU Rattlers with a few items too.
12693360, Georgetown Hoyas. Always have a T-shirt of theirs
Posted by spenzalii, Thu Jan-08-15 11:21 AM
Had a few warm up shirts at one point, but they were lost in the move some time ago