Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIm judging the shit out of anyone who posts that copyright warning on FB
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12690126
12690126, Im judging the shit out of anyone who posts that copyright warning on FB
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Mon Jan-05-15 01:10 PM
People that I thought had some sense about them are reposting this dumb shit.

They're just one notch above those that post satire articles as fact and defend them to the death.
12690171, I've seen a number of those reposts.
Posted by The Wordsmith, Mon Jan-05-15 01:43 PM
Guess anyone can fall for something.

Since 1976
12690184, I saw that today and wanted to say, "yall know that's meaningless right?"
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Jan-05-15 01:53 PM
whatever is in the T&Cs clearly trumps what you wrote.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

http://blackpeopleonlocalnews.tumblr.com/
12690185, Better safe than sorry.
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Jan-05-15 01:54 PM
The fact that all of these posts begin with that dumbass “better safe than sorry” disclaimer is really the worst part. When they include that portion in their cut and paste job, it’s like they’re really saying, “Yeah, I know I’m an idiot.” I have to think these are the same people who still feed their kids Vicks vapor rub.

How people keep falling for this shit is beyond me, because there’s really no excuse. What’s sad is that 6 months from now these same people will be posting up the “facebook is going to charge a fee!!!” bullshit again, and three months from then it’ll be something else.

12690189, not on facebook can you post what you a talking about?
Posted by RobOne4, Mon Jan-05-15 01:56 PM
forget it i googled
12690210, I've givin up on trying to help those people
Posted by GrumpySmurf, Mon Jan-05-15 02:10 PM
12690226, ehh... it's FB
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jan-05-15 02:19 PM
those people are trapped in the FB matrix. Half the time they be on auto-reply
12690334, i'm not
Posted by lfresh, Mon Jan-05-15 03:02 PM
not really
only if i try to correct them and its a brick wall

most people talk foolishness when it comes to images and legalities anyways
*shrugs*
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.
12690380, The fact that they think that ish has any legal merit boggles my mind.
Posted by Starbaby Jones, Mon Jan-05-15 03:20 PM
There's a very real ass Patriot Act on the books and you worried about fake controversies?!!
12690516, there are ppl who think mailing an idea to themselves
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Jan-05-15 04:54 PM
establishes copyright protection.
12690391, I don't understand where it came from...
Posted by Marbles, Mon Jan-05-15 03:24 PM
What could anyone gain by putting that out there for other people to copy & paste? You're not getting any notoriety if you started it. Do folks really start things like this online just to see how far it'll go?

EDIT - I'm thinking of offering to write a better disclaimer with just as much legal force as this one that's circulating...for only $299.99. Isn't that worth it for your online pace of mind?
12690399, the thing that's crazy to me is people will read and paste that but
Posted by SHAstayhighalways, Mon Jan-05-15 03:28 PM
never read the actual terms & conditions of facebook (or anything they sign up for online)
i mean neither have i but i assume i let go of all my rights re: my content once i signed up.
#toolatetochangethetime
12690512, and its always the people who are FB whores...
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jan-05-15 04:51 PM
on that shit all day, GPS time stamped photos of where they ate, what movie theatre they went to and a million and one photos...

but be on that "check your privacy" steez
12690400, ROTFL .. MY boy posted this in response to others.
Posted by Case_One, Mon Jan-05-15 03:29 PM
"I hereby give permission to facebook to use all pictures and status updates of all my friends and family in accordance with AR 350-1 and penal code R2D2. I furthermore waive their ability to counter my status by copying and pasting another status. Copy and Paste sheep blood on your door and your page will be spared."

"America, stop turning our Court Houses of Justice into Dens for Justified Murderers."
12690463, LOL
Posted by lfresh, Mon Jan-05-15 04:22 PM

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.
12690519, I can't front though. I did something similar in the SoulSeek days...
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Mon Jan-05-15 04:56 PM
I put a disclaimer in my shared music folder saying I don't give the FBI permission to access my files lol

But I was 13 yrs old