Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDefinitely.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12689996&mesg_id=12690782
12690782, Definitely.
Posted by initiationofplato, Tue Jan-06-15 10:12 AM
Out of anything that I have used in this lifetime, alcohol has been the most destructive. I agree with you that it's taxing. I used to drink a lot more when I was younger and I hated waking up and checking my wallet to find it completely empty, and then seeing multiple withdrawal bank statements. That, plus the physical hangover and I was full of regret. Not to mention all the other destructive avenues alcohol led me to for some time. I suppose it was a good experience in the sense that it taught me about the value of my health. I think that is my primary concern right now.

I have a few friends who drink and do drugs excessively. They will stay up for 2 to 3 days sometimes, funny thing is, most of them are really successful, but I can't imagine their bodies maintaining this level of damage for too long. We need healthy organs for the second half of our lives, more than we really care to think about when we are younger.